C2 GT Turbo...

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: C2 GT Turbo...

Post by stevieturbo »

4x108 is a common fitment. Ford and most old French stuff. Some centre bores will of course be different and offsets.

But second hand wheels should be easy, often alloys are easier sourced than steels.

But any drag type tyres will be pretty big. Although I think some of them offer a 205/50x16 or close to it
I use the 255/50x16 and they are pretty big. I wouldnt be driving on them on the road though. Cops wouldnt take kindly to them. The drag radials are also bloody expensive.

The Dunlop CR311 16" are available in super soft and are fully E-marked so road legal

I might get a pair of them myself for local events.
SeniorGT

Post by SeniorGT »

Ponk wrote:Cheers dude, that pic helps a lot.

How much would you want for one? I've got a C2 VTS fuel rail on it's way to me at the moment (hadn't realised the normal JP4 rail was different and my TU5J4 rail won't fit) to see what space is left once the rail is fitted. Problem is the Bosch sized injectors I am using are a fair bit longer than the standard injectors.
The c2 vts rail should be ok with long Bosch injectors, I was running Bosch 330's on the vts rail, its the only inlet on the j4/ jp4 engines that doesn't use pico sized injectors, you will need a 5mm spacer for the retaining screws, but they fit fine.

Your fuel setup doesn't use a return I take it?? As the vts rail is feed only. It's why I went for an alloy rail.

I'll give the engineers a bell make sure the price hasn't changed and give you a pm about it.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Nothing wrong with a dead end rail. It's easily as usable as one with a return. You just need to plumb the system slightly differently of you want to add a return line. But you do not need a new rail.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

thats right, the rail just forms a 'T' if you like before the reg and return.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

SeniorGT wrote:
Ponk wrote:Cheers dude, that pic helps a lot.

How much would you want for one? I've got a C2 VTS fuel rail on it's way to me at the moment (hadn't realised the normal JP4 rail was different and my TU5J4 rail won't fit) to see what space is left once the rail is fitted. Problem is the Bosch sized injectors I am using are a fair bit longer than the standard injectors.
The c2 vts rail should be ok with long Bosch injectors, I was running Bosch 330's on the vts rail, its the only inlet on the j4/ jp4 engines that doesn't use pico sized injectors, you will need a 5mm spacer for the retaining screws, but they fit fine.

Your fuel setup doesn't use a return I take it?? As the vts rail is feed only. It's why I went for an alloy rail.

I'll give the engineers a bell make sure the price hasn't changed and give you a pm about it.
That's good to know. Was your throttle cable setup as per the picture when you were using those injectors?

My fuel setup does have a return but I am going to T in a FPR housing from a later model 106/Saxo so I can use the feed only VTS rail. I did think about an alloy rail but I don't have the ability to fabricate my own so it's much cheaper to use this setup.

My setup will be:

In tank pump to filter to swirl pot under bonnet
Swirl pot return to tank
Swirl pot to filter to Bosch 044 to rail
FPR T'd between 044 and rail returning to swirl pot

Sound ok?

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Seems pointless running two filters.

The filter is primarily to protect the pump. So it is pointless to run a filter before the swirl tank, and then again one after.

Just put one stainless mesh filter ( approx 100 micron ) before the 044

If there is another filter to be used after than, it is to protect the injectors and will usually be 40 micron paper or less.

In this case if you fitted this between the FPR and the dead end rail it will have a very long service life as it is only flowing the fuel the engine consumes.
Whereas a typical install would see gallons of fuel circulating through it every hour.