Old School VW Pro Stock Legal Drag Bug

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
ProStockVW
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 49

Old School VW Pro Stock Legal Drag Bug

Post by ProStockVW »

My name is Prescott Phillips and I live in New Berlin Wisconsin USA. My project is a 1960 VW Beetle that I drag race locally and is ECPRA legal in their Pro Stock class. It's an all tube chassis car and powered by a 2542cc(101.6x78.4) air-cooled VW motor. My best dyno pull to date is 240whp and my best ET is 10.41 at 127mph.

I originally built the car with 51.5mm Weber carbs and a full MSD 7AL ignition. After a few years of fighting tuning issues, I decided to go full EFI with some help from my friends that work at King Motorsports. Now the motor sports a pair of 50mm TWM IDA pattern TBs with 410cc RC injectors, the pump is a Mallory 60FI regulated with a billet regulator back to the tank through 1/2" lines. I make my own trigger wheels from blanks I buy off ebay. The VR is a Ford euro spec unit. The TPS is standard TWM stuff(Range Rover?) The coil is a Mitsu/Dodge unit that I batch fire 1-3 and 2-4. The only other sensor is for temp (oil) and is a Honda unit.
I make my own crank trigger mounts that fit into the distributor hole and plug that at the same time. I don't have any other sensors hooked up and it runs fine. It only uses TPS and RPM to adjust the fuel and timing. If it weren't for my friends working at King Motorsports, I could never have pulled the conversion off. The free dyno time is a plus too!
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance
ProStockVW
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 49

Re: Old School VW Pro Stock Legal Drag Bug

Post by ProStockVW »

A couple older pics of my car
Attachments
boomer1.jpg
dta 003.jpg
dta 005.jpg
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance