C-TEK Battery Chargers / Conditioners

Post here if you want to sell or buy an ECU or related item.
grant620
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

C-TEK Battery Chargers / Conditioners

Post by grant620 »

Hi Guys!
Pleased to announce that we are now supplying the fantastic range of C-TEK Battery Chargers / Conditioners.

CTEK chargers are the smartest battery chargers in the World, designed and developed in Sweden. They are highly versatile, easy to use, compact battery chargers and proven award winners. All the products manufactured by CTEK are tested and then constructed to the highest standards, which are far in excess of those required by the top product testing agencies such as the independent testing and certification agency, TÜV Rheinland Group.

CTEK chargers are ideally suited to a wide range of applications, including cars, caravans, motorbikes, trucks, boats, jet skis, ride on lawnmowers, tractors and virtually any other situation where a lead acid traction or leisure battery is used. They are also ideal if you want to leave the charger switched on for a long period of time, for example to maintain the charge of a battery on a your race car over the winter period.

There are 2 models that will suit most cars:

CTEK MXS 3.6
The Multi MXS3.6 charger designed to be capable of charging almost all lead-acid batteries that you may find around the home from lawnmower batteries to car and caravan batteries. The cold weather mode is also useful for flat batteries in winter.
  • Input voltage AC 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
  • Charging voltage - 12V
  • Sulphated battery recovery - Yes
  • Bulk charge rate - 0.8A/3.6A
  • Peak charge with minimal fluid loss - 14.4V/14.7V
  • Pulse maintainance for maximum battery life - Yes
  • Current ripple (%) - 3%
  • Back current drain (Ah/month) - <1
  • Minimum battery current rating - 1.2Ah
  • Maximum battery current rating (charging) - 75Ah
  • Maximum battery current rating (maintainance) - 120Ah
  • Dimensions (LxWxH) - 165x61x38mm
  • Weight - 0.5kg
  • Insulation - Splash and dust-proof
  • Quick coupling - Yes

CTEK MXS 5.0
The MXS 5.0 is a charger that offers state of the art technology that was previously only found in CTEK's professional product range. The charger can solve a broad range of battery-related problems and is the perfect charger for those with high demands. The MXS 5.0 offers features such as battery diagnosis that shows if a battery can receive and retain a charge, a special reconditioning function that restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries, unique maintenance charging, a mode for optimised charging during cold winter days and the charging of demanding AGM batteries (i.e. Optima). The unique display allows the user to follow the entire charging process.

The MXS 5.0 is a fully automatic 8-step charger that delivers selectable 0.8A or 5A to 12V batteries from 1.2-110Ah. The charger is IP 65 rated (splash and dust proof), designed to protect vehicle electronics, non-sparking, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit proof. It also includes a 5 year manufacturer's warranty.
  • Input voltage: 220-240VAC, 50-60Hz
  • Output voltage: 14.4V, 14.7V, 15.8V
  • Charging current: 5A
  • Ripple <4%
  • Ambient Temperature -20 deg.C to +50 deg.C, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures.
  • Cooling
  • Charger Type Eight step, fully automatic charging cycle.
  • Batteries 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, Calcium/Calcium and GEL)
  • Battery size 1.2-110Ah
  • Dimensions (L x W x H) 168x65x38mm
  • Insulation IP 65
  • Weight 0.6kg
  • Quick coupling - Yes
Both units come with crocodile clamps and ring terminal type clamps.

We can also recommend fitting a "Comfort Indicator". This is left permanently attached to the battery and has some small LED lights on it telling you the condition of the battery. When the relevant one comes on, you plug in the charger with the quick connect fitting. Easy :)

Prices:
MXS 3.6 £54.99 Inc Vat and Delivery
MXS 5.0 £69.99 Inc Vat and Delivery
MXS 3.6 with Comfort Indicator £63.99 Inc Vat and Delivery
MXS 5.0 with Comfort Indicator £78.99 Inc Vat and Delivery
Cheers
Grant
http://www.gb-ent.com
Performance Engine Solutions
Wally
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 51

Re: C-TEK Battery Chargers / Conditioners

Post by Wally »

I can confirm that these chargers are good, I have the XS3600 and the XS7000 and both have given very good service over the 4 or 5 years I have had them. Plug them in, leave them on and forget about them.

I did think about getting the MXTS70 as well but at £750 plus vat I thought it was a bit much.

Wally
grant620
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by grant620 »

If you want the MXTS70...
Can do it for £695+vat for you :)
Cheers
Grant
http://www.gb-ent.com
Performance Engine Solutions
Wally
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

Thanks for the offer Grant but I have just bought the Snapon EEBC500

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp ... p_ID=23525

£499 plus vat!

I couldn't really justify the extra for the big Ctek but I would have liked one.

Wally