FS: S80

Post here if you want to sell or buy an ECU or related item.
killacoupe
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

FS: S80

Post by killacoupe »

I got a used s80 for sale
I will ship anywhere
$900usd + shipping
http://www.facebook.com/KillaCoupeRacing
R32TURBO
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: FS: S80

Post by R32TURBO »

Hello there I'll give you 750 usd for it?

Message me on my email Jonmalik@hotmail.co.uk
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

900+Shipping+duties is not far off the price they can be bought brand new in the UK
tav
Firmware Version: 31

Post by tav »

VR6Turbo wrote:900+Shipping+duties is not far off the price they can be bought brand new in the UK
"not Far" mate ? ..what mean to you "not far".. 900$ mean under 580GPB , I just wait to show me which online..offline or any other line from UK is close to this price for a S80pro brand new ... maybe you know a secret shop :D.. or maybe money has no value for you,and about -30% is nothing...
I agree , all of us love discount , but I think we should choose more carefully the arguments ;)
No offence.

PS: I know this post will cost me eventually help from you with my s80 and this newbie probably isn't able to help ... It's a saw in my country.. something like "I cut the branch under my foot " ..that I just did probably..:))

PS2: scuse my poor english
...playing with my thoughts around the bygone and hereafter memories...
http://www.torquestats.com/modified/ind ... car_id=184
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

What ever

$900 will be more in GBP than you think. Ignore XE.com, that's just a crappy 'tourist' rate and not the rate the banks work at. It's always different.

So, $900 = say, £580. + 4% UK car parts import duty + 20% VAT = £719. And that's before shipping from the US. A decent expidited FedEx service (USPS are crap) will be ~ $120, so that's another ~ £80 on top, so £800. That to me is "Not far" off the price of a new one.
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

I have been through many similar calculations before, unfortunately it's very true.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

Don't get me wrong. I have imported £1000s worth of kit from the US, but mostly kit that simply doesn't exist in Europe but the shipping and import taxes always killed me....

DTA has a TINY market in the US, so it's really not worth importing from there.
tav
Firmware Version: 31

Post by tav »

I'm sorry about hungry of UK government for any tiny "import", but the seller don't take a penny from these taxes :(. My post above was about amount incoming in his account but not about each country specific taxes.. par example, in uk is no tax for personal vehicles (in my country is 2), and a low assurance could be made by some kind of ..promisses, as you know :D ..These could be fair arguments to drop the price when I want to buy something from uk ? :))

PS: I bought my s80 from US with looms and wb for 1070$ . Shiping inside US was free, shiping from US (a friend in california) to my country ,about 35$ (not only ecu..a set of pistons, etc). Here is no custom taxes for used autoparts.
...playing with my thoughts around the bygone and hereafter memories...
http://www.torquestats.com/modified/ind ... car_id=184