DTA minature "Knobs" or "Dyno" boxes

Post here if you want to sell or buy an ECU or related item.
b930
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 65

Re: DTA minature "Knobs" or "Dyno" boxes

Post by b930 »

Hi Martin, can I get one please? I'm in Australia

cheers
S80, Porsche 1988 930 flat six aircooled, GT35 w/ twin scroll 1.03A/R dual gated equal length headers, SC cams, Turbokraft intercooler, 72# injectors.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Yes no problem, can you pm me or email me at mefmotorsport@ btinternet.com

Martin
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Revised version since I thought the buttons were previously too close together and cluttered on the front face:

As you can see I've moved the knobs and stop buttons to the top edge just leaving the enter button on the front face, it might be easier to use like this.

Martin
Antral

Post by Antral »

I like that better.
BoffinBob
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: Paul Gardner Engineering
Firmware Version: 66

Post by BoffinBob »

Gosh, that seems a lot for a box, two potentiometers, three buttons and a length of multicore shielded cable, oh, plus the 15 and 9 way connectors of course. Mine are £50. Obviously I'm far too cheap. Mind you, mine aren't as pretty and are generally not available to the public. The trick is remembering that they are push to break buttons, which catches some people out when they make their own. Hey ho...

BTW, I recommend some strain relief on the cable coming out of the box, I find this a regular point of failure, especialy when you are in and out of the car and on and of the rollers all day, it's not such a problem on the dyno as I'm sat at a desk. I also prefer to have two wires out of the box, one to the ecu and one shorter to the laptop, as it's generally closer to you when mapping and is less strain on the 15way hanging off the ecu, which can also be a point of failure in heavy use. I also like to line the box with aluminium foil tape, but I'm probably just pedantic about shielding. Also I prefer the kill button in the middle and enter on the top edge, but maybe that's just a hangover from my playstation days.
paulw

Post by paulw »

BoffinBob wrote:Gosh, that seems a lot for a box, two potentiometers, three buttons and a length of multicore shielded cable, oh, plus the 15 and 9 way connectors of course. Mine are £50. Obviously I'm far too cheap. Mind you, mine aren't as pretty and are generally not available to the public. The trick is remembering that they are push to break buttons, which catches some people out when they make their own. Hey ho...

BTW, I recommend some strain relief on the cable coming out of the box, I find this a regular point of failure, especialy when you are in and out of the car and on and of the rollers all day, it's not such a problem on the dyno as I'm sat at a desk. I also prefer to have two wires out of the box, one to the ecu and one shorter to the laptop, as it's generally closer to you when mapping and is less strain on the 15way hanging off the ecu, which can also be a point of failure in heavy use. I also like to line the box with aluminium foil tape, but I'm probably just pedantic about shielding. Also I prefer the kill button in the middle and enter on the top edge, but maybe that's just a hangover from my playstation days.
nice first post coming on and criticizing someone else's hard work. How about you start your own thread?

Paul
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

I found it hard to resist a reply! This guy doesn't seem to put any value on his own time, knowledge or experience, he will probably expect help from other knowledgeable forum members at a later time. It takes all sorts, hey-ho!

Martin
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I wrote a similar reply but didn't post it Martin.

I worked out mine (of which the cables are 20awg Tefzel and DR25) worked out close to the price of a knob box from DTA if I included my time. Pre-fab multicore would make it a bit cheaper, naturally.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Yes, I think the DTA knobs box is £250 + VAT ! I don't think Allan at DTA would be too impressed if I was to undercut their price much more.
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

I'm getting plenty of enquiries about the availability of these recently. Yes they are still available, made to order, £165 + P&P. Have made several recently, it's a popular unit and very handy.

contact me by PM or email mefmotorsport@btinternet.com

Martin