TU5JP4 Base/Safe Map Needed

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
C2B
ECU Model: S40 Pro

TU5JP4 Base/Safe Map Needed

Post by C2B »

Hi all,

Running a S40, ATPower ITB's and PH4's on my Citroen TU5JP4 C2 1.6 engine and need a starter map to get the car started and running so I can get up to temp and check for leaks etc before taking to dyno. Alex has provided one but way too much power and cannot settle.

Wayne.bale@baleit.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: TU5JP4 Base/Safe Map Needed

Post by katana »

How is it 'Too much Power'? The fueling and ignition are either correct or they aren't......if correct the power is what the power is! Confused! ! !
C2B

Post by C2B »

katana wrote:How is it 'Too much Power'? The fueling and ignition are either correct or they aren't......if correct the power is what the power is! Confused! ! !
When starting the engine for the fist time after rebuild, my engine man states it's putting way too much fuel in, we had to remove the lambda sensor and TPS to get it to run. The map is for a 220bhp. I ideally want one for about 170. Not a mechanic so not sure if facts I am reliant on my mechanic. Cheers. Wayne
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

It's a base map, it started your engine. It has done its job. That is all a base map is for, to help you get the engine running so it can be tuned.

Now the engine needs tuned, that's normal.

Unplugging sensors to get the engine to run....whoever done that needs a slap as clearly they know nothing about tuning ecu's

Take the car to someone competent to actually tune it. Your "engine" guy may know something about engines, but he's clearly out of his depth when it comes to making them run with an ecu.

The only way someone else map may work for you in the manner you want, is if you can give them very specific details about your entire setup in the hope someone may have tuned a similar one and can then give you that info, or you can pay them for it.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

C2B wrote:
katana wrote:How is it 'Too much Power'? The fueling and ignition are either correct or they aren't......if correct the power is what the power is! Confused! ! !
When starting the engine for the fist time after rebuild, my engine man states it's putting way too much fuel in, we had to remove the lambda sensor and TPS to get it to run. The map is for a 220bhp. I ideally want one for about 170. Not a mechanic so not sure if facts I am reliant on my mechanic. Cheers. Wayne
Hmmm! removing the TPS means engine has no load sensing and if it still ran means that the open and close points hadn't been set - every install is different and this is basic set-up 101 ! Lambda, if a wideband, is giving info to tune the fuel so why remove it - use the info - don't avoid it!
If you believe your spec is about the 170hp a ghetto way is to reduce the whole fuel map by 15% to ballpark it and still leave it fat enough to be safe!
C2B

Post by C2B »

Thank you all for the advice. The intention has always been to get on the rollers ASAP. But to check the car runs to temp, no oil leaks, fan cuts in, exhaust is not blowing etc, etc, etc etc I wanted to put a safe map in so it can run at tick over whilst in my garage. 170 is my guess at a safe number. Hoping to achieve around the 180+ mark from my build.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I'd run a signal from lambda controller to it and turn closed loop on (after seting up lambda signal calibration of course). That will mean it will trim out extra fuel while sitting and idling and you won't need to worry about it.

I however always start with knob box connected so I can quickly adjust either way in realtime display, because I have one. Closed loop works amazingly on DTA, so give that a stab anyway.

I am assuming an S40 can do that of course, I haven't checked...
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

ignitionautosport wrote:I am assuming an S40 can do that of course, I haven't checked...
It can.