How to share maps

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
FrankCorrado
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 76

How to share maps

Post by FrankCorrado »

So, how do we share our maps? Screenshots or the entire ".map" file? I think the latter may be dangerous since it has all settings, including throttle stops (which vary a lot!!), units, etc.

Should we have sub-sections? One for Fuel map, one for Ign map, one Startup map, etc...
Nah, I think we'd have too many sub-sections! :)

Well unless someone really needs a complete .map file I suggest we share screenshots.
Frank
VW Corrado VR6 Turbo GT3582R getting into a super light kit car
S80Pro
ignitionautosport

Re: How to share maps

Post by ignitionautosport »

The onus is on you to check all settings, if you load a map and fry something that's your fault for assuming. Assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups.

My personal view is that if you have absolutely no idea and are loading a map as a shortcut as you don't know how to set tooth offset etc, then maybe someone else should be doing it for you.
Basically the only thing I use existing maps for is trigger setup as it's quicker to get closer to where you want, but I still check with a timing light before trying to start.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Re: How to share maps

Post by VR6Turbo »

/\ yep, it's the trigger angles and basic sensor values that most people need in order to get started. I think most people are able to play with the fuel from that point on.

And yeah, it's never a good idea to blindly upload a map and go off on a 200 mile journey or try for a 1/4 mile record :lol: