Start up map for 4.8 rover v8 on p8 pro

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
DiscoPotatoes
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Start up map for 4.8 rover v8 on p8 pro

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

Hi all
Can anyone help, I need a start up map for my 4.8 twin turbo rv8, I'm using a p8 pro
Cheers
Disco
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Start up map for 4.8 rover v8 on p8 pro

Post by stevieturbo »

Given you supply no information whatsoever, that will of course be impossible.

What trigger system are you using ? coils ? sensors ?

Working through the user manual, checking and calibrating all sensors in the software it should be very easy to build a basic map that will allow the engine to start.
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by x30xe »

Generally speaking, if user cannot build a basemap from scratch, it's better to tow car as it is to professional tuner or get a pro to do on-site job. This should be a sticky....
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

x30xe wrote:Generally speaking, if user cannot build a basemap from scratch, it's better to tow car as it is to professional tuner or get a pro to do on-site job. This should be a sticky....
Well how else are they going to do it if they give no information whatsoever about their setup ?

If you follow a little common sense and the instructions. It's actually very easy to get a map that will at least start the engine.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

unfortunately the usually best way is to work through the manual and get it started yourself. You will have far more understanding of how the trigger setup and ecu works. Trigger setup is one of the most painful things to do with any ecu.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

I should have said that the guy that is putting my car together just asked if there was a base map floating around to save a bit of time, he is putting one together as I write this, then it's off to Steve Greenauld later this month
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

fair enough, always makes it easier.
Let us know how it goes :)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

DiscoPotatoes wrote:I should have said that the guy that is putting my car together just asked if there was a base map floating around to save a bit of time, he is putting one together as I write this, then it's off to Steve Greenauld later this month
There may be base maps. But until you specify what sensors and trigger setups you are using, nobody can ever know what you need.

Any more details on the setup ? what vehicle etc ?
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

It's a tvr chimaera with twin gt 28rs turbos .86 A/R
3 bar map sensor and amal valve from DTA,Iat sensor, tps, stepper motor ,ford wasted spark coil packs gen 1, 36:1 tooth trigger wheel, innovate lc1 wideband, 60 lb rc racing saturated injectors,
Cross bolted block stage 3 heads and 45 mm trumpets port matched, 71 mm plenum,
7:1 comp Ross pistons,96mm bore top hat linered, carrillo rods, 4.6 crank, McLeod Rst clutch, t5 gearbox with up rated quiafe gear set from cts.

Have I missed anything?