Starting map Dodge Viper V10

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
mrviper
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Starting map Dodge Viper V10

Post by mrviper »

Hey!
Im trying to start up my -68 Dodge Charger whith -04 Viper engine in it.
Has somone done this before, maybe somone have i starting map or the information to set in the generall settings fil

Thanks/ Tony
Sweden
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Starting map Dodge Viper V10

Post by stevieturbo »

Hi Tony.

As Ive said many times, basic sensor setup, throttle, air, coolant etc should be straightforward.

You're always better to work through these yourself and build your own map and settings checking as you go along.
Whoever wired the ecu into the car should be able to do this, as they'll know where everything has gone.

Your biggest issue will be decoding the crank and cam triggers. Ive been googling and cant find any good info, other than the 03/04 seems to have the crank trigger on the flywheel. Cant find any info on what the trigger looks like though, how many teeth, how many missing etc. Nor the cam trigger.

Have you actually powered up the ecu yet to see how things look ? Do you know if your coils have internal amps or are normal inductive coils ? After that, have you tested coil and injector outputs to see if all wiring is correct and they are operating ?

These are all basic things you must do before you even consider trying to start the engine, and to ensure all wiring is correct.

Only then should you even contemplate turning the engine on the key. Making assumptions often leads to bigger problems.

Other than that, cant help I'm afraid. The crank/cam setup should be the only difficult thing to fill in though if you're trying to use the factory triggers.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Starting map Dodge Viper V10

Post by ignitionautosport »

I have a generic MAP load base map which I change the trigger settings for and that starts everything I've done so far. I have yet to get a good TPS load base map made, however the ones that come with DTASwin will likely be enough with correct trigger settings.

I have no idea what trigger for a Viper engine is though, so can't help you there sorry. I have done a couple without missing teeth and cam sensor only, which requires you use the Honda no missing tooth trigger, then adjust teeth count etc to suit. I then cranked with no plugs (less load on starter) and only number1 coil with a lead and plug on it to time it up, adjusting offset till the mark was correct with ECU. You then need to do the same in Cam sensor position under Sequential settings once it is running - I set the engine to waste(twin)spark/batch and sequential above 1200 rpm, so I could blip the throttle over that and see where the timing jumped to and work from there. Painful, but works.

If you have a missing tooth on the crank then its far easier to work out. I highly recommend something like a 36-1 crank trigger, as it lets you more precisely select cranking timing as it does this by tooth before TDC, and also lets the engine sync far easier because of the missing tooth even if it has a cam position sensor.

I have used Toyota with 24+1 in the distributor, equivalent to 12 crank with 1 cam. It had issues re-syncing if it misfired, apparently due to inconsistent crank speed. I suspect higher tooth count and a missing tooth would have helped this immensely.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |