base map for a bmw s50 needed

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
m3boostin
ECU Model: P8 Pro

base map for a bmw s50 needed

Post by m3boostin »

hey guys ..new to the dta and im just looking for a base map to get the car running and driving. i have a obd1 converted s52 i have the dta p8 pro. anyone with a map thats willing to send to me i would very much appreciate it!!
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: base map for a bmw s50 needed

Post by Rob Stevens »

I'm Not unfamiliar with the s50 motor, as far as the P8's capabilities it can do sequential up to 8 cylinders if you want it to. You need to check the crank trigger pattern, the P8 is not a universal fit, likewise the cam sensor. It can also only run 1 variable camshaft.
m3boostin

Post by m3boostin »

Rob Stevens wrote:I'm Not unfamiliar with the s50 motor, as far as the P8's capabilities it can do sequential up to 8 cylinders if you want it to. You need to check the crank trigger pattern, the P8 is not a universal fit, likewise the cam sensor. It can also only run 1 variable camshaft.
i dont need help wiring it or anything i just need some timing and fuel maps..maybe even some advice on how to initial set up the ecu so i can start my car.

its a single vanos, im running in sequential
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

You will find a map in the S series software, I don't think you can open that in the DTAwin for P8 however, but could copy settings over. I'm not sure if P8 can do VANOS.
Just stick to basics and just familiarise yourself from the beginning with crank trigger etc
m3boostin

Post by m3boostin »

thanks.. ill try it out and see what happens!