Toyota 1ZZ turbo map

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Toyota 1ZZ turbo map

Post by stevieturbo »

Even mapped properly at the current boost will make a huge difference.

Even if we assume fueling is ok ( big assumption ) timing is very very low.

Of course that also assumes that the trigger setup is correct and timing on the laptop is actually what is being seen at the plugs
Nickryles
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Nickryles »

I was trying to do some data logging for you to see.
Can it be saved to a file and uploaded? engine was still running when I tried to save and I got the prompt to turn engine off, then I got a runtime error and the program crashed :-l
I noticed that Lambda was about 0.9 while warming up then when I started doing in gear pulls the dial went off the scale to the left and I never got another reading from it... what was going on there?
Ive been txting Michael ever week to see when he will be free next.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

engine must be off to downloads logs.

You can use the uploader on this forum when you make a post. Just attach the files. And of course, make sure it's logging some sensible parameters lol
If you're still using the logging setup on the map you posted....then it s barely recording anything worthwhile anyway.
Its barely even set to log basic essential items.

What dial ? and what's on the left ? Are you referring to the Lambda dial on DTASWin ?

Given what Ive already seen on the map....mixtures could be doing anything. And for all you know, the LC-1 or whatever you said you are using, might not even be calibrated properly to the DTA anyway.
So until you know they are calibrated correctly....the readings couldnt be trusted anyway.

But if they are correct, then off full scale to the left means it's mega mega rich. If it was actually going off scale and the numbers are correct, it's a miracle if it still runs given the amount of fuel that would be getting dumped in.

Phone him and torture him...he doesnt always answer texts. Although he did say the other day you had been trying. Dont take it as anything personal if he's slow to respond. He always is lol. Just always very busy.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Should also add. A faulty lambda sensor can also throw "too rich" errors. But when you're only hooked up to an analogue output you'd never know this is happening. And.as dta has no means of lambda fault monitoring, all it will try and do is remove fuel as per the lambda trims. Which are massive on yours. It would probably try and cause the engine to stop
Nickryles

Post by Nickryles »

Here is a short run at 10psi
How do I view the log?
Attachments
mr2_test.Dat
MR2 short drive after warm up
(700.32 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You can either download E-Race or use Mega Log Viewer ( EFI Analytics, more aimed at Meqasquirt, but it's a universal product and some will find it easier to use than E-Race )
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The majority of time your foot is on the pedal over say 40-50% that thing is completely off the scale rich. To the point where I'm surprised it runs, and also to the point where it could be doing engine damage due to being so rich. This could easily destroy bore finish and piston rings.
This does assume the wideband you are using is correctly calibrated.

However, at the run where you're going through the gears at around 40% throttle opening, through one gear it is dangerously lean ( again, surprised it is running and not misfiring like mad, nevermind potential damage )
Then the next gear it is back to mega mega rich.

Also hard to tell because it isnt logging enough sensible data. But it looks like your idle is very rich too, and also at a very high rpm.

I'm even more shocked now ! lol

Plugs must either be as black as your boot or soaking
Nickryles

Post by Nickryles »

i'll keep txting Michael next week...
you must think its a bag of spanners lol
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Well...if it is still running, cant be that bad holding up to all that ! lol

It really does just baffle me though as to how bad some things can be....yet are done by people who are supposed to be able !

I shouldnt be surprised given how often I see it, but it always does surprise me !

I'd like to see a lot more info from a log...but I'm not going to ask you to drive it more to find out lol.

Whatever came of if not revving over 3k after Crail ?
Nickryles

Post by Nickryles »

I turned down the boost to 8-10psi (from 15psi) ran all the fuel with (pro boost) octane booster out and back on to super unleaded.

Then I went for a few drives at full throttle to force it through the revs. It does seem to have gotten more linear acceleration but feeling a bit restricted then shoots to the rev limit when it gets to around 6k