Dyno Jet Wideband Commander

This is a place for anything you feel like sharing - car builds, videos, websites, and any off-topic content in general
Borla
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Dyno Jet Wideband Commander

Post by Borla »

Anybody have one of the original DJ Wideband Commanders? I need to know the order that the 6 wires from an O2 sensor connect to the blue header inside the Wideband Commander please. I have contacted DJ but sadly got a very unhelpful response from them. Cheers.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Dyno Jet Wideband Commander

Post by katana »

I do have one fitted to my bike but that is currently wedged exhaust side to wall in my garage - but this may help......maybe?
Attachments
WBCInstallGuide page 3.pdf
(169.95 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
Borla

Post by Borla »

The unit I have was previously used on an F1 sidecar with a Suzuki motor in it and the O2 sensor wiring was extended to fit the outfit. When it was removed the extended wiring was cut of and unfortunately lost, so as I said above I need to know where the orange, blue, green, yellow, white/black and red wires on the original loom go to in the 6 way connector to the O2 sensor.

Thanks for the link to the manual, I did find that but it doesn't have the info I need.

If you are near the bike any time soon would you be able to take a photo of the loom side of the 6 way connector to the O2 sensor maybe please? So long as the photo was clear enough to show what colours go where that would be a huge help.

Thanks.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

pictures of the unit ?

Is this actually a user accessible wiring, as you mention inside the unit. Is it a plug, other ?

or has someone just cut the wiring or something ?
Borla

Post by Borla »

stevieturbo wrote:pictures of the unit ?
djwb1.jpg
djwb2.jpg
stevieturbo wrote:Is this actually a user accessible wiring, as you mention inside the unit. Is it a plug, other ?
Yes, it connects to the blue screw terminal header.
stevieturbo wrote:or has someone just cut the wiring or something ?
Yes, as I already said above, end of original wiring was cut off and connector gone got lost.

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

you have the colours, so in the absence of a diagram, you need a photo of the connector they used to attach to the sensor, so you can see what colour went where on the plug.

Just need to find someone who has one lol
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

That is a lot of wires and connectors for a wideband!?
Sorry not helping much am I
katana

Post by katana »

Rob Stevens wrote:That is a lot of wires and connectors for a wideband!?
Sorry not helping much am I
They also function as a logger for 3 or 4 parameters - but lambda is primary role and they have an analog gauge!
katana

Post by katana »

Ok taken some pictures but not sure they will be of any use - I couldn't get to the other side of the plug (sensor side) and much as i'd like to help, I'm not pulling the entire contents of the garage out just for a photo - maybe next year when its warmer! One thing to note is the peculiar plug DJ use - there is something plugged in over the sensor side plug - I have no idea what it is and what its function is!
Attachments
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Pretty sure that's just the calibration resistor for the sensor