decipering MAP log

This is a place for anything you feel like sharing - car builds, videos, websites, and any off-topic content in general
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: decipering MAP log

Post by stevieturbo »

As you already ahve a dizzy....no doubt it has components that will offer you a viable cam trigger for sequential injection anyway.

Although for such an application, I doubt sequential would be essential anyway. Crank trigger alone would be fine ( with petrol anyway....gas might be better suited to sequential ? )

AFR measurement is an essential though
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Was there any result to this?
LPG needs more timing. It loves it. We use the diaphram mixers in forklifts, and they're basic to tune. Turn the knob until it's happy haha. And add timing over petrol; it's a pain when folks run both, as if you set the timing for LPG it knocks its arse off on petrol. I am guessing LPG burns slower.
Oh, I read up and saw impco mixer; I assume that model has an idle adjust knob on it and a power valve inline with the supply to inlet. I'd sit at 3k or whatever and fiddle until it's happiest, then crank in more timing. A pity I hadn't seen this sooner.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
landychris
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 54

Post by landychris »

It turned out that the "professional installer" did it wrong and it was their installation that was causing the issue.

I ended up getting rid of the petrol side of it and ran it LPG only, used an impco 425 mixer fixed to a holly 4 barrel throttle plate added a TPS & connected the MAP sensor and IACV. Plugged that into the original ECU so it would still control the ignition timing and advanced the timing a few degrees.

After I'd done that it ran like a beast :) Then someone wanted to buy it off me.

Now on the new boat I've got to replace the sequential LPG (prins) with something a little more accessible to the home mechanic.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

There are lots of "professionals" out there indeed