De Havilland Street Sprint - Taranaki Car Club (NZ)

This is a place for anything you feel like sharing - car builds, videos, websites, and any off-topic content in general
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

De Havilland Street Sprint - Taranaki Car Club (NZ)

Post by ignitionautosport »

Some reporters from the local newspaper saw the road closure notice and dropped in on the day, not a bad write up.
Myself and SWMBO organised the event, our first time doing so - as well as both racing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-n ... the-family

Also, our club president has a tv production company and was trying out his new slow-motion camera:
[facebookvideo]4086228509724[/facebookvideo]
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
lumley32
Firmware Version: 61

Re: De Havilland Street Sprint - Taranaki Car Club (NZ)

Post by lumley32 »

gotta love road racing, shame its all but banned over hear!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Cool camera.

I wouldnt say we have road racing here, but there are quite a few closed hilliclimbs which are on the roads. Some mild, some pretty wild.
Most recent was Craigantlet at the weekend, and was part of the British championship. Some of the big open wheel cars are amazingly fast.
There was even a chap with a DTA stickered up Dax K-series there, where the son David broke the class record for the hill. His dad Allan was slower though...needs to catch up lol A good result for them on their first time at the hill. Congratulations.

As good as their time was, it was still 10secs behind the fastest car ( approx 39secs versus 49secs ! ) Although the top cars really are exotic machinery

If I can figure sort my car for scrutineering, I might try and have a go at some next year, even if it is a huge tub of lard ! It doesnt really fall into any easy classes
ignitionautosport

Our club usually does 3 or 4 street sprints and 5 or more hillclimbs per year all on closed roads.

Here is the hillclimb that was the last event my own car ran... should be running in a couple of months.

| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Looks like a pretty good course that. Although that people carrier is parked in a bloody stupid place at 30secs
ignitionautosport

Yeah thats the photographer, he tends to like getting in good spots lol.