S60 Boost control

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S60 Boost control

Post by stevieturbo »

When you power on the ecu to flash....if you hear the fuel pump prime...it is not in flash mode so you will not have comms/green lights with the flash tool
Vitesse
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Vitesse »

I had to disconnect the fuel pump because the function test kept firing the injectors, also have coils disconnected and spark plugs removed for fuel to evaporate.
I will never forget when first fitting the ECU and testing injectors and then coils, it is not a good idea.
Saying that though my fuel pump is still run by the original Rover relays, it has an inertia switch for the cars main systems, I liked that idea and it was easy to keep it so is independent of the DTA
Thanks anyway, I will have another go tomorrow or be putting it in the post to DTAFast
Vitesse
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Vitesse »

I tried a few more times but could not get it to connect. So off it went to Alex and the team at DTAFast for a firmware update and test. It just had really really old software.
It is all done and back on the car within a few days, I carried out the function test today, this time with no problems and confirmed the turbo valve is working off the ECU and my engine harness is good.
Not started the car yet but will do that tomorrow once a few other little jobs are completed.
Thank you all at DTA for a top service and those that contributed to this thread.