S80 o VR6 turbo

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Re: S80 o VR6 turbo

Post by Roverdose »

ive always used tps/rpm. works well for me.

what happens with the tps compensation when using map/rpm?
as ive seen on a rollers with a set load, the engine not responding at all with changes in tps.

Drew
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Roverdose wrote:ive always used tps/rpm. works well for me.

what happens with the tps compensation when using map/rpm?
as ive seen on a rollers with a set load, the engine not responding at all with changes in tps.

Drew

You would only ever add tps compensation with map vs rpm if there is a major problem somewhere, or you happened to see some strange behaviour at particular load cells.

Those cases would be very rare, or ITB's
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I note that the OP's MAP fuel compensations remain at 0 below 1 Bar, surely the engine will require correct 'standard' fueling below as well as above 1 Bar, at idle and part throttle there will still be a vacuum even on a turbo? This will lead to poor fueling during spool up.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You could do either.

You could map n/a as TPS as main load only, or TPS with MAP compensation. Wont really make much odds once it's done, just the table will look different.

Once spool up occurs, then it would be into positive pressure anyway, where there are compensations.

Either way, MAP vs RPM is by far the easiest and best method for 90% of builds for both fuel and spark tables.
Mark_r33
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Mark_r33 »

Rob Stevens wrote:I note that the OP's MAP fuel compensations remain at 0 below 1 Bar, surely the engine will require correct 'standard' fueling below as well as above 1 Bar, at idle and part throttle there will still be a vacuum even on a turbo? This will lead to poor fueling during spool up.
I'm not sure of the set up in this particular instance, but as he mentions the VW motors I imagine the "MAP" sensor is actually more of a "BPAP" sensor (Boost pipe absolute pressure).

The Bosch Motronic ME7 era stuff fitted in the Dub's these days tends to have a sensor just before the throttle for controlling boost, as they use a hot film mass air flow meter for the load measurement.

So if this were the case then he would never see less than atmospheric pressure.

To go with what Stevie says, Roverdose mentions it himself, the engine may not respond to changes in TPS. At some point in the throttle angle you will reach full flow of the rest of the setup, this is obviously at a lesser angle at low rpm and a higher angle at higher rpm. After that point your TPS tables are going to be flat, negating any extra resolution you imagine you have.

You can do all this the other way round in the DTA anyway, can you not? I have played with it offline and it would allow a MAP / RPM structure with TPS compensations in the 20 x 20 map. Anyone had a play like that?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Mark_r33 wrote: You can do all this the other way round in the DTA anyway, can you not? I have played with it offline and it would allow a MAP / RPM structure with TPS compensations in the 20 x 20 map. Anyone had a play like that?
Never needed to.

It'd be more likely with ITB's, big cams etc.
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

Sounds like excuse enough to build something lairy to me! :twisted:

I did also wonder about using it to create more throttle response in certain areas of the map, so that a lift from WOT reduces timing as well as throttle angle and boost.

I've not seen a particular need for it either, yet. It is more out of interest that I mention it.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

lairy doesnt always mean fast though...

I prefer fast.
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

Says the man with the 30 year old car and 1000hp+ twin turbo V8 :lol:

Point taken though, unnecessarily lairy generally just = crap!