Flat shift S40 and Sadev Setup

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
kiwi
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Flat shift S40 and Sadev Setup

Post by kiwi »

Hi guys,

I'm fitting a sadev st75 to my FWD car. From a search on here, there are mixed opinions on what to use for the engine cut sensor. The st75 is fitted with both a simple gear change switch as well as gear pot.(opposed to a microswitch on the gear stick)

The gear pot normally signals the gear change display. In my case a race technology dash 2 display....which has it own issues...

What's the best option/thoughts on this? Will just the switch suffice?

Cheers
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Flat shift S40 and Sadev Setup

Post by Alex DTA »

Gear pot gives full closed loop shifting, including retries for failed shifts. Switch only gives open loop.
Both work.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Wire them both in, that way you can try
- switch open loop
- switch to start, pot to stop cut, closed loop
- pot to start and stop, closed loop

Definitely wire the pot in as once the ecu knows what gear you are in you can tailor the cuts to help prevent wheel spin, its probably a duel output type?

If you have a dash 2 they do an interface so that the dash can read all the ecu data over the CAN link, that data includes the gear selected.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Rob top info! It's only a single output type. My next question was how can I get 2 outputs from 1 pot, 1 for the ecu, the other for the dash 2...... but you've already answered this for the dash 2 but what about a standalone gear display?? There must be something out there rather than the expense of a dual potentiometer, a transducer or something. (Dash 2 gear indicator is quite small and does t stand out)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Same signal can be used to multiple devices, it's just a voltage.

But I would only use the 5v, and signal ground from one source, ie the ecu.
JON-TEC-RALLYE
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

good afternoon. sensillo will try to explain that the language is not a big problem.

SADEV-75.14, has a variable potentiometer, works with 0-5volt.
dta recognizes the same settings for input gear number.
A search of the three wires coming out of the gearbox, which changes its voltage value when changing gear.
that cable must be to bring the information to dta voltage,
look in. ENGINE.configuracion .----- SENSOR.SCALING ------- GEAR.POSITION.

Ahi appear in value in volts, ah fill those boxes with your data.

very important note, knowing calibrate Sadev efficiently is very important. advice, put the transmission in reverse, read the vals dta volt 0.1V-0.2V Set it physically rotating the sensor in SADEV. then gear up and place the values ​​for each gear ..... if indicated 1.5v for a change of gear ..... say 1.3V put in a box and 1,7v in the following ... .... so with all the changes, do it up and down ride ..

finally put the car in 1st, and click on the button calibration SADEV
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA