Reversing lights

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Reversing lights

Post by stevieturbo »

And if all else fails, give the driver a torch.
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

MOT-wise on reverse lights... they are checked but only to make sure when you switch em on they don't spazz out the rest of the lights in the cluster/whatever. you don't need them on a car to pass.
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

The thing is I would just prefer them to be working. I measured the voltage from the gearbox sensor in reverse. It's 0.404v so I'll put that in the dta ana3 settings with 100% duty cycle and see if it enables the aux3 output that I will use to drive a relay for the lights.......simples!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

86sixsix wrote:MOT-wise on reverse lights... they are checked but only to make sure when you switch em on they don't spazz out the rest of the lights in the cluster/whatever. you don't need them on a car to pass.

Never in my 20+ years of motoring has reverse ever been engaged to check either lights or anything during an MOT test. On any car or van Ive put through the test.
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

me neither (well, not 20+ years...i was busy trying to learn how to walk but you know...). i was only paraphrasing the book for mefmotorsport...
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel