overboost settings

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: overboost settings

Post by Alex DTA »

firewalk wrote:I tried enabling boost control, but I just got an error message saying something like "can not enable because aux3 fan is enabled"
AUX3 is my cooling fan and is needed to cool the engine and intercooler. I tried typing in a value in the "overboost" setting, but I don't know if this is functional or not when boost control is not enabled? Can anyone confirm? If so then I find it a bit strange that I can't set an overboost protection as long as I have a cooling fan on aux3 or not using the integrated boost control ?
The S40 has limited outputs, so it uses the same output for fan and turbo control. You won't be able to turn both on.
This is aux2, not aux3.

If you want to turn on boost control, you'll have to move your fan control to one of the other outputs. This is very simple, as long as you don't mind the fan not running when the engine is off.

Just move the aux 2 pin from pin 18 to one of the other Aux outputs you're not using. Remember to push the pin out with a paper clip, don't pull on the wire.
Then enter the temperature settings you need. Probably something like this (I've used Aux 6 for this example):
Aux6.png
rxboxster
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by rxboxster »

or just wire your fan in to fan control like it should be? :D easy enough to swap the pins out :)

Where abouts are you in the country? also what engine you running?
firewalk

Post by firewalk »

rxboxster wrote:or just wire your fan in to fan control like it should be? :D easy enough to swap the pins out :)

Looking at the wiring diagram for the S40 as we speak ( http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... iagram.pdf ) And I only see one output for fan and it says: AUX2 / FAN / TURBO VALVE

Clearly I remembered wrong when I said aux3, seems it's indeed wired to aux2. But the way I read it that same output is used both for fan and turbo control. There is no dedicated output for fan and another for turbo control the way I read it, it's the same output.. ?

I'm from Norway by the way. Using the DTA S40 pro to control a 3S-GTE engine in a 2. gen MR2 turbo :)
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

rxboxster wrote:or just wire your fan in to fan control like it should be? :D easy enough to swap the pins out :)

S40 uses the same output for the fan and turbo, so he can't.
The only option is as per my post.
RobScott
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: martin fox

Post by RobScott »

Sorry my fault I only scanned the post , didn't realise it was a 40
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

RobScott wrote:Sorry my fault I only scanned the post , didn't realise it was a 40
Likewise! In that case, i'd use a standalone thermo switch for the fan in the top hose and leave the ECU to control the 'important stuff' LOL. I'm using an S60 and have both ecu fan control and separate thermo switch - belt and braces on a hot run engine.