E48 died?

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: E48 died?

Post by mefmotorsport »

I think youve been VERY lucky, that pin has not just broken, its acted as a fuse and melted the middle ground connection lead. Its amazing if it hasnt damaged the device but if it runs OK as you say then it might well be fine! make sure you have a fuse in your +12v supply wire and even in the main power ground too!

By the way, what are the winning lottery numbers for next weekend?
Antral

Post by Antral »

madkuusaa wrote:I opened the aluminium body of the ecu and noticed one broken pin. Its one of those black small boxes wich are attached on the side of the ecu body. (see the pics)

Also got into the ecu with my software on laptop using the masterpin-number and noticed the map has gone really fucked up. Weird values etc. So i reloaded the real map to the ecu and while i crank the engine, the bike tries to fire up but still not enought to make the engine run. And still the same weird behavior, the fuel pump primes only when the aluminium body of the ecu touches the negative ground.
I re read your post and think you must have connected your new battery the wrong way around or somehow put 12v onto the ecu case, make sure you don't do it again as you were very very lucky this time, that is the only thing to cause this burned pin on the 5v regulator.
madkuusaa
ECU Model: No ECU
Firmware Version: 27

Post by madkuusaa »

It is possible i the battery + quickly touched the box where the ecu is located, cause the battery is located underneath the box.The box is made of aluminium and the ecu was just laying on the bottom of the box.

So, anyway I got the ecu back from the electrician today. He noticed that the chip was also a bit burned from underneath the broken pin. He also told he inspected the whole chip and didn't find any other issues from it. He cleaned the chip, re-attached the pin, and gave me 99% guarantee it works now :D

I installed 20a fuses now to both (-) wires. There was also one 20a fuse in the (+12v) wire so I leaved it that way. I think I saw that 20a fuse in the wiring diagram of this ecu so thats why I choosed it. I also made a bed from foamed-plastic for my ecu, inside the box the ecu is located. Now the aluminium body of the ecu is not anymore in touch with any metallic surface in my bike, and will not move or shake anymore around inside the box.

I connected the ecu to my bike, and one more time checked the real map is loaded in the ecu. I started my bike and went riding. I rode today maybe 80km with it and everything works like before this little accident. :)

Thank you for everyone about their help and opinion. Hope someone in the future with the same problem is as lucky as I was, and will get their ecu also fixed :)
Attachments
20160823_200659.jpg
20160823_193424.jpg
20160823_200505.jpg
20160824_002721.jpg
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Nice bike. Glad you're sorted.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Awesome, great result :)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |