Any dash 2 experts out there

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
swsupermoto
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: mosley rolling road
Firmware Version: 66

Any dash 2 experts out there

Post by swsupermoto »

Want to display traction levels on the dash. It's the ang input to the s60 but I want to display it in percentage.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Any dash 2 experts out there

Post by stevieturbo »

How are you going to tell the dash the info in order to display it ?

And you're saying about feeding something into the S60 ?
swsupermoto

Post by swsupermoto »

I'm using ana 1 as the set point for the traction control. I think it has a can channel so should be able to read the info on the dash. If so I want to scale it for 0 to 5v into a percentage. Have tried race tech but as its not my car I have to email them and after 2 emails still no reply.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I'm sure Alex can correct me here.

But the DTA CAN stream transmits, it does not receive. So it will send information to the dash display, it cannot read information from the dash display.

It transmits the raw voltages for Ana1-3 via CAN. It does not transmit whatever value you attach to the output though, which is what I think you're describing, rather than actual wheel slip values etc

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... eneric.pdf

it has been discussed before, that for the likes of a rotary pot for traction control it would be better to use a 12 position switch with multiple resistor chain on it to give you 12 distinct settings that are easily visible and chosen from a knob, rather than what Allan used to recommend which was a 10 turn rotary pot. Problem being it was difficult to then know where this pot was set to, and it was also fairly slow to operate.
swsupermoto

Post by swsupermoto »

Yes I know it transmits but if the dash can read it there's scaling options on the dash. I think it's possible to scale it to suit the traction but I don't know how to do it.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think you'd need to apply any scaling to the raw voltage using the Dash2 CAN configuration software.

Or you might be able to adjust it with the actual Dash software too, so there is probably 2 options.

I only used my Dash2 for a few days. Could never get it to work right and RT were of no help...so gave up and sold it on.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

The dash should read it, but I've not looked at the software so don't know if it can scale the value like you want.
You could try Sean Turner at ST Motorsport. He's a RT dealer.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Software is here

http://www.race-technology.com/gb/racin ... ware-dash2

But there is also software for the CAN interface although I'm not seeing a download for it, but it should be supplied with the CAN interface, assuming this is what you are using.

http://www.race-technology.com/gb/racin ... interfaces

So there will be 2 options for manipulating the data prior to seeing it on the Dash.