S60 Traction control

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Re: S60 Traction control

Post by Bollah »

Rob, thank you for clearing that up. You're quite knowledgeable on all of this :D

I did have a thought about trying to get TC working on my car. This is taken from the S manual on the section 'calculate current gear with shaft sensor' :
These parameters cover the calculation of current gear using a hall effect sensor looking at a toothed wheel on the prop-shaft or occasionally hall effect speed sensor built into the gear box. This is connected to the shift cut input and is an alternative function for that pin.

Now, I know on my gearbox I have a 3 wire sensor coming out of the gearbox which connects to my speedo, so this is obviously X amount of pulses = Y speed. Would I be able to tap into this and be able to work out my gear going on the quote above says ' occasionally hall effect speed sensor built into the gear box' or am I barking up the wrong tree here? :lol:
type49
Firmware Version: 48

Post by type49 »

rob this is the mgtf electronic sensor it looks to just screw onto the cable drive the pg1 already has
so if its the right sensor type maybe an easy fix ?
http://www.mgfcar.de/sensor/index.htm
note 3/4 down on page

edit
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l60 ... G_0153.jpg
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Well spotted, that looks like it might just do it, it says it's a hall effect. You try it and see how it goes first! :) I was thinking I'd have to bodge it up somehow. You may have to fool the ecu by lying about ratios and pulses per rpm, but I think it might just work.

I have 1 reservation, the ecu uses this info to work out what gear its in, not how much wheel spin there is, it calculates this from engine rpm, what happens when you get so much wheelspin the ecu doesn't know if you have changed gear or it's still wheel spinning, ?
Bollah
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Rob Stevens wrote:I have 1 reservation, the ecu uses this info to work out what gear its in, not how much wheel spin there is, it calculates this from engine rpm, what happens when you get so much wheelspin the ecu doesn't know if you have changed gear or it's still wheel spinning, ?
Surely this would come down to the undriven wheel speed? I.E taken from the rear wheels (in a FWD car)? :?: I'm just guessing here BTW :lol: