Running Paddle Shift on an S100

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Inspired_dave
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Running Paddle Shift on an S100

Post by Inspired_dave »

Has anyone had success running paddle shift through an S100 with a half shift for 1st/N/R selection?

Heard Allan used to run the paddles for 1-6th but a stick for half shifts trundling around the paddock.

Currently on a Geartronics GCU with a P8 Pro but the S100 to do engine and box combined is very tempting!

Thanks in advance.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Running Paddle Shift on an S100

Post by katana »

Can't see how you'd configure paddle switches to give a 'half' switch? They are usually on or off, in or out, 0 or 1 in logic terms. Even F1 wheels have separate buttons for N and Reverse.
Inspired_dave

Post by Inspired_dave »

The ECU does a half shift by pulsing the actuator rather than giving it a full duration 'push'. It's normal for a pneumatic actuated system to work in that way as they can't vary the pressure given to the actuator, only the duration and frequency the pressure is applied.

I use it and have seen friends use it via a Geartronics setup but nobody I knows runs paddles on an S100 and a box with that requirement.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I use it and it works great with the half shift, I went from a P8 and a home made shift system using a Programmable logic controller. The Advent of the S100 with this built in was too compelling for me :)
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

The half shift on the S100 is on for R, N and 1 on gearboxes where there is a half step to those gears.
It's not used for any shifts above first, or on gearboxes with full stop only.

There are plenty of cars in the paddocks running like this all the time.

Something else on the development list is supporting the electronic actuator low power modes.
Inspired_dave

Post by Inspired_dave »

Thanks Rob, Alex,

Will hopefully get the S100 on later this year in that case! Up against a 'factory' funded and built car from someone who distributes a competitors ECU so hopefully I can fly the DTA flag. :)
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Cool. Let me know if you need any help, or would like some stickers for the car.

What race series?
Inspired_dave

Post by Inspired_dave »

I may need assistance with some base gearbox and shift cut settings come the time so I'll be in touch.

Westfield Speed Series sprint, SBD are building a new Eco Boost to enter in the modified class I'll be running in.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Good luck