Help with reading S40 ECU please

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
ArtVandelay
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Re: Help with reading S40 ECU please

Post by ArtVandelay »

Thanks for the links, will be checking those out tonight!

First company said they could, but would have to go through absolutely everything on the car piece by piece and would cost hundreds. And I already had a bill for a couple of hundred for what they did do, So thought I would replace the parts they suggested myself in the hope that's what was wrong.

Company 2 was a 1 man band who had a dyno only, so not in the position to do any other type of work on the car.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Well until the car is fixed and running half right, paying for any dyno time is a total waste of money.

Any competent tuner should be able to sort most things fairly easily...that said, often cars built by others can be a total nightmare, even more so if there are problems. Because as the first person said...you could need to almost re-do everything to find faults.

It's cheaper and easier to do the job right once...than it is to try and find what others have screwed up before and fix them.

So yes anything can be fixed...but time is not free or cheap for anyone competent and fixing problems by others can take time.

But the diagnosis of a fuel pressure problem without any real info...seems a bit strange.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

unless they actually tested the fuel pressures how did they know it was that?

however I would recommend a fixed fpr, the adjustable ones are more trouble than theyre worth, which all told i can't imagine why you would ever need to alter the pressure on an ecu controlled system.

carbs maybe, but even then thats what different jets are for.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

welshpug wrote:unless they actually tested the fuel pressures how did they know it was that?

however I would recommend a fixed fpr, the adjustable ones are more trouble than theyre worth, which all told i can't imagine why you would ever need to alter the pressure on an ecu controlled system.

carbs maybe, but even then thats what different jets are for.
There are many reasons, and fixed OEM type units often struggle to regulate pressure when you need additional flow.

Although there are some really shite aftermarket units out there too