Pneumatic paddle shift system considerations

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Re: Pneumatic paddle shift system considerations

Post by welshpug »

find a red fire extinguisher bottle and use that, say its an additional spare :D
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

welshpug wrote:find a red fire extinguisher bottle and use that, say its an additional spare :D
Shame really that I had it sandblasted and powder coated in textured black so it was less conspicuous and didn't look so much like an old fire extinguisher!
Huxley
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Huxley »

Just got my new selector fork for my Tractive gearbox to take the pneumatic ram Has two fitting points one for the the lever connection and one for the ram

mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

That's the same one as I use on mine. I'll see if I can find some pics of the actuator fixing.

here you go

mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

The actuator is from RS components, http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pneumatic ... s/8633936/

32mm bore diameter, 50mm stroke.

I had to modify the pushrod to take the M8 rosejoint and shorten the pushrod length, also I machined up a mounting for the back end to take another 8mm rosejiunt which was attached to the 10mm thick alloy mounting plate as you can see in that picture.

It works perfectly and been on there now for nearly 2 years.
Huxley

Post by Huxley »

Cheers for the picture

Looks like I need to raid the inlaws RS account again what size tank do you use ?

When you look at Tractives picture it shows the ram only bolted to one bolt yours looks a much safer way of holding the ram
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

I use a 2 litre hand held fire extinguisher bottle and the compressor is a Viair444C (probably a bit overkill but the smaller cheap one only lasted a short while), I run the system regulated at 7bar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viair-444C-St ... SwcUBYRsQF

the 380C is probably quite adequate and much lighter : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viair-380C-St ... 1646876495

Martin
Huxley

Post by Huxley »

Bugger I have just brought 2 Viair 444c one for me and the other one is for Paul Corbin it was cheaper to buy a twin pack, I did think of using a 0.8l paint ball cylinder as the tank,to be fair I don't think the 444c will wear out and fall to bits, Will add to the ballast in the car ☺️

Why did you have to shorten the push rod ?