Dta pro 80s ignition only

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Tigermickcate1
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Private sale
Firmware Version: 52

Dta pro 80s ignition only

Post by Tigermickcate1 »

Can anyone tell me if the 80s pro can run ignition only with twin 45s on zetec st170 and no tps thanks Mick
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Dta pro 80s ignition only

Post by katana »

With no TPS you have no load sensing but could use MAP but could be a bit flakey with carbs!
I'd try and fit a TPS onto the carbs - shouldn't be too difficult.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

S40 could do this, S80 would make no improvments unles you wanted traction control.
Tigermickcate1

Post by Tigermickcate1 »

Ok , here's a bit more info the car is already fitted with the 80 ecu running hayabusa throttle bodies but for some reason I had massive problems on tick over and minimal throttle so took it off and have fitted webber 45s I borrowed of a mate to get me back on the road for this summer so only looking to run 2D map on ignition until winter when I will try and sort injection problem out ..
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

With a suitable load sensor, throttle or manifold pressure, it should work fine

With the carbs, it will need a fairly well damped signal to the map sensor but still very achievable.

Or just add a sensor for throttle position somewhere
Tigermickcate1

Post by Tigermickcate1 »

Yeah think tps will have to be added ... I was more worried about the general engine settings not having the injectors connected....
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

sounds like it probably just needs mapping?
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

You can run without load sensing, but yes as you stated it will be effectively a 2D table. It'll work fine.

Obviously it's going to be a compromise across load ranges, but will work. A racecar here runs S80 COP with mechanical methanol injection, and a competitor freaked out his TPS was traction control - so he just unplugged it and raced, still beat them. Don't sweat it.

--------------------------------

I agree with the others, it does need some setup work I think to iron out the issues, but we'll be here come winter to help you work through it.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Any ECU can be run ignition only.
You can also run them without a load sensor, so in 2D. Just make sure all the columns match, so that you don't get random interpolations you're not expecting.
Tigermickcate1

Post by Tigermickcate1 »

It's been mapped to run it's been on the rollers made 190 bhp but for some reason it all of a sudden decides to lean out off the scale then starts playing around which can be very annoying in traffic and 30 zones might be fuel problem .. cheers for all your help I'll try and get the 45s running till winter