SX Dash

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
tommycockles
ECU Model: S80 Pro

SX Dash

Post by tommycockles »

Hello, Ive recently bought an SX dash and configured it to show the basic gauges I need to see.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the pressures (fuel/oil) to display in psi and not bar. My ecu is configured to display psi.

Is it possible to have a warning light displayed when I have launch control or map2 activated?

Thanks Andy
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: SX Dash

Post by Alex DTA »

The CAN stream sends the value in kPa, so you need to multiply by 0.145038 to get psi.
To do that, open the Data Table in Parameters menu. You'll see it's already multiplying by 0.1 to convert from kPa to Bar.

ALS/MAP2 switch is in the Diagnostics packet, bit 15.
tommycockles

Post by tommycockles »

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the reply, Ive had a go tonight to adjust the settings but not really got anywhere fast.

In the settings do i adjust the setting under "lineaire"?

There are 2 settings A and B,

"A" was set to 0.01 if i remember correctly, If i set it to 0.145038 it rounds it off to 0.1450. But when I start the engine the fuel pressure still reads very differently to what the DTA software says. If I change the setting to 0.01450 my fuel pressure reads 6.8 on the dash but 68 on the DTA software.

"B" was set to zero

Also where is the Diagnostic packet, I have not come across that anywhere?

Thanks Andy
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Yes, under Lineaire. A is the multiplier, B is the offset, so just modify A in this case.
I'm not sure why 0.145 doesn't work, when 0.0145 reads the value divided by 10, which is expected.

I've had a look, and there's no way to pick a certain bit out in the software, so that's not going to help.
tommycockles

Post by tommycockles »

sorted it, I needed to set the software up to show more digits before the decimal place.

Talk about over complicated and a pretty poor instruction book lol.