Xdash. Not downloading software.

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
stimbow
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Xdash. Not downloading software.

Post by stimbow »

Hi
I'm having problems downloading and then extracting xconf on my computer using windows do.
I've downloaded x-conf318 and xconf316.

1. I download xconf from the website
2. Click on Save file
3. Click on run for downloaded file
4. Extract file to downloads(this bit is in French) archive auto-extractive WinRAR.
5. In downloads is an icon that looks like an open cardboard box with a black arrow pointing up and with 3 books in it.
6. I click on it, a window opens to open file, I click on run, I extract it then nothing?? I don't know if it has gone somewhere or hasn't even extracted??

Can anyone help?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Xdash. Not downloading software.

Post by Alex DTA »

In the same directory you've extracted there will be a directory labelled volume.
The set up file is in there.
stimbow

Post by stimbow »

Thanks.
I found the volume document and clicked on it.
Then clicked on setup
A small window pops up saying 'this instatation requires windows comes service pack 3. I just checked and I've got service pack 2 downloaded..
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

You'll need to update Windows XP then
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Be careful where you get the XP SP3 from - not sure its easily available from Microsoft and there are lots of 'dirty' versions out there!
stimbow

Post by stimbow »

Just an update.
I updated to service pack 3 and have downloaded the software and backgrounds to configure a dash.The problem I have now is that I can’t get the laptop to connect to the xdash. I have it connected to the Ecu and that’s working fine. I have to change to a USB cable to connect it to the 4 button controller and xdash. There’s nothing coming up when I connect the usb cable up except for a strange few beeps. As if the computer has told me it’s not working. As a comparison if I normally connect a usb cable to a computer you can here a single beep which it does to say you’ve connected a usb cable and it’s working. Is that something that’s stopping my connection?
Thanks in advance.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

stimbow

Post by stimbow »

Thanks Alex.
I’ve already downloaded and printed the manual off. I can’t even get that far as when I connect my laptop it doesn’t ask me for anything, it just makes a few beeps when I connect the usb lead to say it’s not connected . I’ve tried two leads now and nothing! Can I pull up a hardware wizard or something and look for the connection?...or something else?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Have a look in the device manager. Plug the dash in, and see if it shows up in USB, or as an unknown device