Map vs TPS and baro compensation.

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
2JvLo
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Map vs TPS and baro compensation.

Post by 2JvLo »

Goodday, I have some questions regarding this. Ian not at all new at mapping but defiantly still learning. A few moths back i mapped my 7.7L NA v8 using map as a load and leaving all the baro compensation fields to zero. Engine runs great and really couldn't wish for more. Now i'm planning on mapping my Toyota 2jz engine.. Wich will be forged induction of course. Because of the low amount of fields on the main fuel map(14)it could be possible that the steps become to big. I would like to stick with map as a load because the setup of the engine could change within a few moths and map wont seem to mind a different throttle-body, So what's best to do?

-use only the main table and don't worry about the big steps
-use main table to 100 kpa and after that use the baro comp table from 100kpa
-fill in main table to 100 kpa and fully fill the baro comp table (10kpa -90% 250kpa +250%)

If you guys have better ideas, i'd like to hear them all.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Map vs TPS and baro compensation.

Post by stevieturbo »

As you're always interpolating between cells, the apparent lack of cells, shouldnt really pose a problem.

Just up to you to decide where you might want more resolution, and less and adapt the rows/columns to suit.

There is certainly no need to be trying something strange using 2 different tables. There are enough cells in the main tables unless you really were running extreme ranges of boost.
2JvLo
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by 2JvLo »

Thanks, just a piece of mind to know that it's nothing to worry about. Does this seem reasonable to you guys?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Looks a bit rich at the top, but see what it likes.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

As the rows/columns are the same throughout...I would want a wider spread for the on load power cells, than the vacuum sites.

As for actual Lambda targets, depends on fuel, the build etc etc.