S100 paddle, launch and traction questions

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S100 paddle, launch and traction questions

Post by stevieturbo »

I think I've heard of guys using gaming paddle shifters and adapting them ?
INDYabusa
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 79

Post by INDYabusa »

This is exactely what I will do. I have found a nice set of paddle shifters made in the Netherlands by SSRG.
SSRG.EU webshop
135€ incl. VAT (+carriage) is attractive. The finish seems excellent with the black anodization and the carbon paddle.

I'm not at home this week but I will check this weekend the cmopatibility with my wheel before to place an order.
Westfield Megabusa 1300 (Hayabusa powered Seven style kitcat and soon with DTA S100 ecu)
Andy-reid
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Post by Andy-reid »

More a Question than a reply
few things 1) when wiring the compressor for pneumatic paddles it says on the tech quick help wire compressor relay coil to aux 6 and
2)tank pressure sensor (prsuming i can use a 0-10bar 3 wire 5v sensor) to an analogue input
3) will the dta control the pressure using the sensor
4) will the tank pressure be visable on the mapping screen and will it be transmitted as can data that can be pulled off by my AEM cd7 dash?
5) do i need to get a N electro magnet solinoid? to stop the box going into N or worse R when moving?

Cheers Andy
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

Hi Guys
i bought a set from here i am using 2 paddles one up one down fixed to my Cartek wireless steering wheel kit
i got them from here and are made of aluminium using magnets to give the positive feel i am impressed with them
they do a single one that does up and down too its about a third of the Shift tech switch h
https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/padd ... 0dcA6S3Y-0

INDYabusa wrote:This is exactely what I will do. I have found a nice set of paddle shifters made in the Netherlands by SSRG.
SSRG.EU webshop
135€ incl. VAT (+carriage) is attractive. The finish seems excellent with the black anodization and the carbon paddle.

I'm not at home this week but I will check this weekend the cmopatibility with my wheel before to place an order.
Last edited by Andy-reid on Sat May 16, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

new problem i had the car at rolling road for a quick tidy up on my s100 with latest firmware
my problem is i have an AEM cd7 dash with gear display all set was ok until i got car back from rollers
he did say the raw voltage for the gearbox pot is wrong and my display in the AEM is all wrong but my LED gear display is still correct
i have a penny and giles double chanel pot the values in dta are miles from where they should be and the voltage is inverted this has a knock on effect
with my paddles / flat shift and throtthe blip could it be just a failed pot?
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

can the values be inverted in the dta software?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Andy-reid wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 am can the values be inverted in the dta software?
If the firmware is high enough, yes.
Make sure the voltages in the table rise as the gears rise