S100 paddle, launch and traction questions

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Paul Corbin
ECU Model: No ECU
Firmware Version: 34

S100 paddle, launch and traction questions

Post by Paul Corbin »

I have got an S100 ecu and I have started to work out what connections I need for the paddle shift, launch and traction control. I have worked out most of them but I have a few questions

Paddle Shift

Does the neutral interlock switch work as an electronic / software function so that the button needs to be pressed to select, 1st, neutral, reverse and it doesn’t need an actuator as such to operated the manual cable in the gearbox? (Quaife 60G) So I just use pin 27 (neutral interlock) in the sensor connection to a push switch on the steering wheel to ground?

Launch Control

I have a 12 position rotary switch for the launch control, is this connected into pin 4 on the sensor connector (launch button) or should I use a push button on this pin and the rotary switch on pin 18 (launch RPM) for the different settings / aggressions on the launch ?

Traction Control

For Pin 8 on the sensor connection (traction on / off) is just a latching on /off switch?

For Pin 11 on the sensor connection (traction wet / dry) is this connected to another 12 position rotary switch to adjust the sensitivity for the conditions ?

Or is Pin 10 on the sensor connection (traction % cut) connected to the rotary switch to adjust the sensitivity?

Thanks

Paul
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S100 paddle, launch and traction questions

Post by Rob Stevens »

Paddle shift
Does the neutral interlock switch work as an electronic / software function so that the button needs to be pressed to select, 1st, neutral, reverse - Yes
If the gearbox has a mechanical interlock you still need to operate this, could be done automatically with an actuator connected to pin 20 of power connector.
I guess you may be able to full time activate the cable to override this extra safety feature.

Launch rpm on knob only
Momentary switch to pin 4. Pot to pin 10, however if you want traction % also you need as follows.

Launch rpm on knob and traction aggression % on knob
Momentary switch to pin 4 - launch arm
Pot to pin 18 - launch rpm
Traction
Latching switch to pin 8 - on / off
Latching switch to pin 11 wet/dry
pot to pin 10- traction % cut

This needs setting in software also

This is pretty clear from the drawing, but the drawing doesn't show the 5v for the pots for clarity.
Paul Corbin

Post by Paul Corbin »

Thanks Rob. So does one rotary switch do the launch and % slip?
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

? no, you need 2 pots (but they are not mandatory), to pins 10 and 18
Paul Corbin

Post by Paul Corbin »

Thanks Rob, that’s very helpful.

Is the traction wet / dry switch a different map ?

I will be getting it all mapped and set up on a rollling road when it is done anyway, but just interested how it all works.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

It's just a small change in part of the map (launch and traction) settings, it has no effect on the main fuel/ignition maps, you could make a softer wet map via the map 2 function (this is a complete set of fuel and ignition maps + turbo options like anti lag), if you are building the loom you may as well add this map 2 switch any way.
The wet/dry settings allow different slip settings/strategy's it also gives you alternate launch settings for wet/dry.
There is a fair bit to set up if you want, paddles, launch and traction, make sure you have someone on board who understands all of these features.
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

I have the 12 position rotary switched potentiometers in stock, pre-wired.

Martin
INDYabusa
Distributor: DTA UK

Post by INDYabusa »

Paul Corbin wrote:
Paddle Shift

Does the neutral interlock switch work as an electronic / software function so that the button needs to be pressed to select, 1st, neutral, reverse and it doesn’t need an actuator as such to operated the manual cable in the gearbox? (Quaife 60G) So I just use pin 27 (neutral interlock) in the sensor connection to a push switch on the steering wheel to ground?
Dear All,

I'm also wiring paddleshift system for my car. Can someone please confirm me that the 3 paddle inputs need ground to activate ? It is not very clear for me on the wiring diagram.
Thanks a lot.

Jeremy
Westfield Megabusa 1300 (Hayabusa powered Seven style kitcat and soon with DTA S100 ecu)
SMR
Distributor: DTA

Post by SMR »

Jeremy,
The paddles are connected to sensor ground on one pin, and the relevant ECU sensor pin on the other.
I.e activating the paddle / neutral switch grounds the ECU function.
INDYabusa
Distributor: DTA UK

Post by INDYabusa »

Thanks a lot SMR for your answer.

I'm now searching paddle shifters having a neat finishing before to wire my wheel (with paddleshift, pit limiter and launch control)
Westfield Megabusa 1300 (Hayabusa powered Seven style kitcat and soon with DTA S100 ecu)