Dta x dash lap timing.

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Eoghain
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: V67

Dta x dash lap timing.

Post by Eoghain »

Hi guys,

I’m looking to order an s60 and x dash shortly but I would like lap timing function. I know the x dash is available with gps, but there is also an xap lap be on receiver which can be plugged into the xdash loom.

I’m not sure which is the correct way, or if in fact you must use the plug in transmitter.

Thanks for the help!
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Dta x dash lap timing.

Post by Alex DTA »

The XDASH is discontinued.

The NTDASH can be ordered with GPS built in, which will give you predictive lap times.
Eoghain

Post by Eoghain »

Predictive bit not actual times? The xdash can still be bought from XAP direct, I prefer the textures and colors of the xdash than the nt. The xdash is also available with gps will this preform the same as what you’ve described?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

The NTDASH will give you current lap time, with splits, comparison and predictive lap times.

To get lap timing on an XDASH requires two extra modules, the lap time transmitter (set up at the side of the track/pits), and the lap time receiver, which is fitted in the car.
They were £466 and £255 a couple of years ago. That only gets you lap times.

If you want GPS information as well, you need the GPS module, which is £299.

The XDASH is now around £1300. We don't stock them, but can get them, but they are special order. There is no further development being done on them, so they are what they are.
Eoghain

Post by Eoghain »

Thanks a lot for the reply, xdash makes no sense now.