S40 ignition only on a turbo bug - oscilloscope problems

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
bazibbo
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Re: S40 ignition only on a turbo bug - oscilloscope problems

Post by bazibbo »

It's alive! :D

Had a good run through everything tonight and had a little help from a friend, which makes simple things like spinning the engine over whilst using a timing light, a lot easier.

I'm not certain what it was in the end. Revisiting every setting and working through your list Stevie, must have helped.

I did some more obscure fixes too. The plug lead 'boots' were so tight that i'm not convinced that every lead was actually on. ( the beetles a pain for that ) Dropping a cup full of fuel into the carb helped too.... carb! what's that i hear you cry.

I'm sencible enough to stop playing for tonight and double check everything tomorrow evening. it's a new engine full of new oil coolers, filters and so on, so i need to be sensible.

There's a few map issues to sort, but I'm going to get things checked over at our local rolling road as I'm just a bit too novice to entrust my investment to myself. I will be making sure I understand what's going on though.

My laptop apears to dislike reading any weight of info from the ecu, which doesn't help either.

I'll write the car up in projects when I get it running as a way of saying thanks, but many thanks anyway. (though there's stilll gonna be loads of little bits to ask.... I've yet to suss out a rev counter.

cheers guys, appreciated.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Unless the rev counter is a strange one ( some old cars are ) then it should just be a matter of driving tacho from the ecu
Last edited by stevieturbo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Buddy put his '54 oval on my old MegaSquirt and drove the tach from the MS I Believe! I will ask him tomorrow when we chat.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW