P8 pro

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
mikethefox

P8 pro

Post by mikethefox »

I am fitting a DTA P8 pro on a BMW 6 cylinder M30 engine. This engine have the distrubuter on the front end of the camshaft. Can i run this sequential or not ?. If not can anybody tell me how to wire the injectors, cause in the manual it say to use O/P’s 1,2 and 5,6. Balance numbers of injectors on each.

Hope you understand my english
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: P8 pro

Post by VR6Turbo »

With the S80 you could connect the distributor's hall sensor to a cam input and see what tooth it's picked up on with the cranking scope. The P8 doesn't have a cranking scope, so I would email Allan and ask for his advice. websales@dtafast.co.uk
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I think the P8 needs magnetic triggers only. Although Ive read there are dip switches inside the ecu that can be changed to allow hall sensors.

For sequential injection, just wire the cylinders to injector outputs 1-6 in firing order.

The wiring you refer to is for non sequential.
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

it does have jumpers inside that need to be changed for hall sensors, i think i have the pic somewhere still.

Drew
mikethefox

Post by mikethefox »

stevieturbo wrote:I think the P8 needs magnetic triggers only. Although Ive read there are dip switches inside the ecu that can be changed to allow hall sensors.

For sequential injection, just wire the cylinders to injector outputs 1-6 in firing order.

The wiring you refer to is for non sequential.
ok, if i want to run sequential injection i have to fit a magnetic trigger on the camshaft, that i understad, but i dont understand the wiring for non sequential. How can i balance 6 injectors using O/P 1,2 and 5,6 ?

Michael
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

mikethefox wrote:but i dont understand the wiring for non sequential. How can i balance 6 injectors using O/P 1,2 and 5,6 ?

Michael
just use 3 outputs with 2 injectors on each. you dont need all 4 outputs to be connected.

Drew
mikethefox

Post by mikethefox »

Thanks

Michael