V62 Released: 3D Pressure Target Maps and More Aux! 10/31/11

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Airspeed
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Re: V62 Released: 3D Pressure Target Maps and More Aux! 10/3

Post by Airspeed »

Aircooled FTW :lol:
11.06 @ 124.5 mph
'74 VW Beetle turbo S60pro
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

VR6Turbo wrote:
Jon K wrote:I know - I mentioned that a couple times that the fan should run with the ECU on but car off. I can understand SOME people would like the fan to run with the ignition key on but not most.

I think what I'll do is move my fan pin from Fan Relay to Fuel Pump Relay and configure it as Aux 7 with water temps to do what I need - what more can you ask for! One of the annoying things about having the fan run with key-on is that a high current fan can emit some pretty strong magnetic fields that are being picked up by my crank sensor with the engine off so now it won't have to worry about sorting crank vs cam.
I think Aux 3 would work better. You could switch it on and off with water temp as normal and also take a second input from say, rpm, and set it to only come on above 100rpm or something.

Allan had told me once before that the AUX are only active with the engine in a running condition.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

I didn't realise that!

In that case, simply moving the fan control onto any of the auxes will work then.