Dta s60 ecu not responding

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Dave eccleston
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Dta s60 ecu not responding

Post by Dave eccleston »

Hi.
This is my first post.
I have a s60 ecu all running no problem until yesterday when I was working on a map without the engine running. I pressed f4 to update and it said can not connect. I checked the battery wasn't low. Charged it just in case. Changed the serial cable. RE-installed the software. Still nothing.
The car still starts, but will not Connect. Not even if the ecu is on and engine not running. It won't open a new map. The ecu is definitely on because the tps sensor and temp still is working but that is it.

I don't know what to try or check next. Any help would be great.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Dta s60 ecu not responding

Post by stevieturbo »

If the car starts, clearly the ecu is alive and working..so that's a good sign.

You say serial cable...so you're using a laptop with a serial port and the correct cable ? Does this cable have a flash switch ?

Or are you using some USB-serial adaptor ? The cause of almost all comms problems.

Strange you say the ecu is working because tps and temp work..but nothing else ? How are you determining those two are working and why do you say nothing else does when you said the car still starts ? If it starts the ecu has to be working.
DTA Gareth
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by DTA Gareth »

Sorry to hear you are having problems with communicating with your ECU.
From what you have described it sounds like the ECU is functioning normally and it is most likely during a recent windows update the usb-serial adapter drivers were updated.

As discussed on the phone please find attached a guides. The first is the initial setup guide. This will show you how to check the driver version, settings and brand of usb-serial adapter.
If the driver numbers are not supported then this is likely the cause of your issue. In that case please refer to the second guide (unable to load this to the forum, email us if you need this) which will walk you through the process of returning it to a driver number that is known to work.

Hopefully this should work for you but if you do get stuck, feel free to get back in touch and we can arrange a team viewer session and go through the process with you.

Serial Setup Guide - https://hubs.ly/H0drdy00 / https://youtu.be/4CYqLkQ5G5k
Changing serial drivers - (email DTA for this document if required)
onslack
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by onslack »

Dave,

I had the same issue not son long ago, i gave the dta office a call and as Gareth has already said it was the serial to usb drivers

re-installed them and it's been fine since