ECU Identification Help - Westfield

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
tr3m5
ECU Model: No ECU

ECU Identification Help - Westfield

Post by tr3m5 »

Hello everyone,

I'm after some help if possible - I've just bought a 1999 Westfield with an 1800 Zetec running on carbs.

The ignition is controlled by a DTA module and am keen to understand more about it and ideally get the software so I can interrogate and modify the spark maps.

I have been trying to attached a photograph of the label, but I keep getting an error, image is hosted here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wcn3l ... QzmadBKkD
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: ECU Identification Help - Westfield

Post by Rob Stevens »

can't help if you can't post a photo. but I suspect it is either an S40 or E48 the former has a black plastic case, the latter a ribbed aluminium case. The software for both are available from the DTA website. If the ecu is from 1999 it will be an E48, potentially an ignition only, which wouldn't bother you as you on carbs. But it will give you launch control and a few other things if you are interested, like gear change lights.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

It's an E4, serial number 1827, so originally shipped in November 1998.
It's ignition only.

This requires DOS software, so unless you have a really old machine, you're going to struggle
tr3m5

Post by tr3m5 »

Hi Rob, thanks for the quick reply.

Its a ribbed ally case - If you can follow the googledrive link I've hosted it there?

Once I have the software, is it a standard RS232 serial connection? Shift lights and launch control would be great!

Thanks again
tr3m5

Post by tr3m5 »

Alex DTA wrote:It's an E4, serial number 1827, so originally shipped in November 1998.
It's ignition only.

This requires DOS software, so unless you have a really old machine, you're going to struggle
Thanks Alex,

I have an old laptop for car stuff, can install a Win98 virtual machine or DOS emulator maybe?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Ah, even older E4 then, no launch on that I think, not sure if Alex even has the software for download?
Time for an upgrade :)
No, I'm not on commission!
tr3m5

Post by tr3m5 »

I've had a good look on the DTA site but can't find anything obvious in terms of manuals.

I'd really like to see what the maps look like - is there any way to get the data out?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

I can provide the software, but you use it at your own risk.
I have never used it and cannot offer much in the way of assistance.
Please email office@dtafast.co.uk
Antral

Post by Antral »

Some E4 ECU's were upgraded to DTAWIn you may be lucky if you can connect to it, but upgrade to The S40I is best because you can then upgrade that to a full S40 if you end up using throttle bodies in the future.

Tony.
tr3m5

Post by tr3m5 »

Hi again guys, I decided against messing with the ECU as I didn’t want to risk losing the maps/software and I have plenty of other work to do on the car.

However I’m now in the process of moving the ECU and need to remove the connector (E48 type I believe) to run the loom through a small grommet.

Can anyone advise how to remove the pins? For the life of me I can’t get them out!