Twin injectors in S100

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
INDYabusa
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 79

Twin injectors in S100

Post by INDYabusa »

Hello

My plan is to turbocharge my Megabusa (hayabusa GEN1 engine)
I have a question concerning the twin injectors setup:
Do we need to get the same flowrate for the inner and outer injectors ?
I have 8x 270cc/min injectors but it may be a little short.

Thanks for your advice.
Westfield Megabusa 1300 (Hayabusa powered Seven style kitcat and soon with DTA S100 ecu)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Twin injectors in S100

Post by stevieturbo »

It used to be best to do so...but now as you can blend the two sets of injectors any way you like, I dont think it really matters you could use small primaries and large secondaries.
Fredrik
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Post by Fredrik »

As I get it you can only apply the dead times for the primery injectors so it is best to have the same injectors as primery and secondary.. their caracteristics should be as close as possible..

Injector dead times is the time it takes for the injectors to open (maybe close also. don´t remember). That time changes to battery voltage and is different between different injectors.

If the wrong dead time compensation is used the air fuel ratio will change if voltage drop or increase from what is was when the engine was tuned.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

No necessarily.
Dead times are only relevant at low pulse widths, so as long as you ensure the secondaries aren't used at idle, and you're not using closed loop fueling, it will work fine
INDYabusa
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK

Post by INDYabusa »

All

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I will start with 8 identical injectors then buy bigger upper when I run out of fuel.
Westfield Megabusa 1300 (Hayabusa powered Seven style kitcat and soon with DTA S100 ecu)
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Those should comfortably do 400hp maybe 450hp at a push! I had 8x 205cc's make 370hp on my GSXR (they were max'd out though! LOL!)