Rotary dial switch

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Rotary dial switch

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Good afternoon I am in the process of changing my connectors on my old p8 loom to s80 plugs and whilst doing this I thought it would be a good idea to install wires for the rotary switch ,traction and launch. But the wiring diagram is showing 1 pin in for traction and 1 in for launch but I must need either a ground or live or both 5v/ 12v
Regards
Jeremy
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Rotary dial switch

Post by Rob Stevens »

Hi Jeremy
You need 2 pots, both need sensor ground one end and 5v the other end of the 'track', the wiper for launch rpm is to go to pin 18 of the sensor connector and the traction knob wiper to pin 10. This assumes you don't have 2 lambdas on your monster. If you do have 2 lambda's you are stuffed until Alex frees up another input for this.
I have my knobs configured for rpm to increase as you rotate clock wise for launch.
For traction clockwise = more wheel spin, some have this the other way round.
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Re: Rotary dial switch

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Hi Rob thanks for that hope all is well with you and family , is that right you haven't been playing for a while. Same here but hope to be out next year with my beast with loads of up grades for the better I hope. Main change I now have paddle shift working with my Hewland FGC H pattern two pneumatic rams and a clever Gearbox GCU by MME Motorsports.
Regards
Jeremy