S80 launch settings

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

S80 launch settings

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Good afternoon all
I have finally got the S80 all connected up loaded my old map from the P8 so all good just two things when I go into launch setting it stays grey and won't let me in to make adjustments is there something that needs turning on that I have mist and finally with the shift cut ,I run a separate Ecu for the gearbox which has it's own shift cut settings for delays and so fourth so all I need the S80 to do is cut when asked.
Regards
Jeremy
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S80 launch settings

Post by Rob Stevens »

Are you looking at ' Launch Control and Shift Cut '
Just need 'Launch Control' the first should have been removed.
The gearbox controller needs connecting to pin 14 and it may need to see the RPM and TPS also.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

If you're trying to use the new software on an ECU with a firmware older than about v68, you'll have to use the old software for now.
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Thanks Alex, Rob
I am using the latest software on old firmware so hopefully that's the problem but that said I must update the S80 . Rob the gearbox Ecu reads the S80 with CAN so gets rpm and Tps that way and anything else it needs. Also the shift cut wire from Gearbox Ecu goes to pin 14 .
Regards Jeremy