S40 shift light

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Borla
ECU Model: S80 Pro

S40 shift light

Post by Borla »

I saw a question on the BRF about fitting a shift light to an S40. I explained to the guy how to physically wire the lamp, the the question arose about how to get it working,so I had a look in the manual and opened up swin.

On the S40 wiring it indicates that pin 10 should be used as the shift light, this is also labelled as aux5.

Question is, there appears to be 2 ways to set the lamp, first is via Engine Config - General Engine Settings - Gear Change Light, second is via the Aux5 window.

Does one over-ride the other if both are inadvertently set. I've not used a shift light, is it just a matter of entering a value in the general settings and leave the aux5 alone?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S40 shift light

Post by Rob Stevens »

I'd imagine that as soon as you make Aux 5 active the gear change function would be removed and it will follow instructions from Aux 5.
But I've had trouble with an S40 thinking it had an idle valve when it was clearly configured to use 2 injector outputs.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

The default is shift light set in GES.
If you turn on Aux 5, that will override the shift light function and ignore the GES value.
Borla
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by Borla »

Perfect, thanks.