Adding a Power LED

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Adding a Power LED

Post by katana »

May sound like a daft question but is there anything I should be aware of, if I want to add a 'power on' warning LED in the case of a S60. The whole wiring loom on my car has been 'professionally balls'd up' so i'm having to go through each wire at a time and would like to know when and if - the ECU is powered.
Planning a simple blue LED with a 330 ohm resistor off the 12v power in, inside the case with LED through case at front.
Comments appreciated.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Adding a Power LED

Post by stevieturbo »

The case is deliberately sealed and weatherproof.

If you want an LED...just add one outside to your loom ?
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote:The case is deliberately sealed and weatherproof.

If you want an LED...just add one outside to your loom ?
The ECU lives inside the car - if I was worried about it needing to be sealed and weatherproof - i'd have more serious concerns! Having a loose LED dangling around is the sort of wiring genius professionalism that has got me where I am now - not helpful! :x
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

If I was so worried that I considered opening a sealed ecu and drilling a hole through the case...I'd have even bigger concerns ! lol
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Indeed just add an external led if you really need to. But please don't open the case, silly idea!