Dta s60 pro

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
gsxr2mil
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: creative custom racing Frank
Firmware Version: 79.06

Dta s60 pro

Post by gsxr2mil »

Hi I'm having a problem with my s60 pro on my motorcycle, it keeps giving me crank errors and running very rough and breaking up anytime I try put a hard load on it. I've did everything I was told to do sheilded wire and everything, is it maybe a issue with the s60 pro ecu itself? Can I send it in to have it checked out?. Its constant crank sensor errors in the datalog
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Dta s60 pro

Post by stevieturbo »

Perhaps some details of the install would help....and a crank scope trace. And details of wiring/trigger/sensor...and details of "what everything I was told to do" actually is ?

It is highly unlikely the problem is the ecu.
gsxr2mil
Distributor: creative custom racing Frank
Firmware Version: 79.06

Post by gsxr2mil »

I have sheilded pair wire running from the ecu pin 12 and 21 all the way down to the OEM magnetic crank sensor, which Alex had told me to do. And I'm showing you a data log of all the crank sensor errors I'm getting and I've just changed the sensor so I know it's not faulty. And the crank scope doesnt show error until the bike gets running under a load., and @Stevieturbo do u have an email I can send u the crank scope and datalog it wont let me upload the photos up here.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The forum does allow photos etc to be uploaded, or use one of the many upload sites, eg https://postimages.org/

And what is running under load ?

A particular rpm? throttle ? boost ? other ? Is it repeatable ?

Details on the ignition system ? Does crank trigger wiring run anywhere near ignition wiring ? especially any HT voltages ?
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

I have seen to much crankshaft end float cause crank sensor problems under load only, bit of a long shot in your case without much info but an easy check.