need help finding a type of switch

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Re: need help finding a type of switch

Post by lumley32 »

right i have done the same on my outfit, i use a standard push button, you need to increase the blanking window in DTASwin i use around half a second 500ms but you might want less for sprinting

after all you cant need to change gear that often!

you dont need a load cell, even translogic use a standard push to make.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

lumley32 wrote:right i have done the same on my outfit, i use a standard push button, you need to increase the blanking window in DTASwin i use around half a second 500ms but you might want less for sprinting

after all you cant need to change gear that often!

you dont need a load cell, even translogic use a standard push to make.
I use a translogic sensor/loadcall (well its a micro switch in a rod) perhaps load cell is the wrong term?
lumley32
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

a load cell is not a switch its a sensor, it tells you how much load is being passed throw it. you can use them for that but its over kill and you need a Wheatstone bridge of some sort to get it back to a digital signal

i have a switch on my left hand thumb for the gear change i just weight the lever with my foot and then push the button 40ms later we have a higher gear! i had problems with gear link sensors triggering when i diffident want to on bumpy tracks!
kew

Post by kew »

Nem wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:Im sure there are switches available that make a momentary contact as you push, but only momentary even if you hold the button down.

Cant recall the name of them though
That's exactly what I need.

Reason for needing this switch is for my shift cut signal.

My s60 is on a prostreet motorcycle and we use our horn button to activate the shift cut and air shifter.

Problem is even setting the shift cut to "kill time only" if you hold the shift button slightly too long it kills the motor longer than what's set.

So a button like described will keep shift kill more consistant and remove human error of holding the button too long.
As lumley32 has said you only need a standard momentary push button but you must tick the delay only box in the settings and then set your delay.(trial and error for this)
The ignition is cut at the start of the signal and only cut for the time that you put in even if the button is held down.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse
The going up is worth the coming down.