S100 Pro Tuning BMW S54

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
kolsen
ECU Model: S100 Pro

S100 Pro Tuning BMW S54

Post by kolsen »

Does anyone know someone in the United States that can tune a new motor? Car has S54 motor in and already tuned, but putting new motor with high compression pistons. Tune might need to be adjusted. I would also like to change the tune so I could run 93 octane and 110 depending on if racing or instructing.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S100 Pro Tuning BMW S54

Post by Rob Stevens »

Sorry cant help on a tuner but I would recomend the use of a map 2 switch to make best use of the high octain fuel
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

kolsen wrote:Does anyone know someone in the United States that can tune a new motor? Car has S54 motor in and already tuned, but putting new motor with high compression pistons. Tune might need to be adjusted. I would also like to change the tune so I could run 93 octane and 110 depending on if racing or instructing.
There are a few, but not many.
Where are you based?
kolsen

Post by kolsen »

Alex, I live in Rochester NY (United States) and we have numerous locations with dynos and Internet access. If you know anyone who has tuned BMW's in the UK they could probably remote dial into my laptop and make changes to the existing map. OR I get one of the local tuner guys to down load software and talk with you if they have questions with how DTA maps for tuning work. I can't believe with all the BMW club race cars that there are so few people list in the U.S using the product.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Jon Kensy who hosts the forum is a BMW man...might be able to advise ? Although havent seen him post much lately.

Or an old name, and I don't know where they are based is Schimmel Performance. ALthough their most recent FB post is like 2016...so maybe they're not so busy now ?

https://vr6parts.com/onlinestore/index.php/
https://www.dtafast.co.uk/customer%20vehicles/VR6.htm
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

kolsen wrote:Alex, I live in Rochester NY (United States) and we have numerous locations with dynos and Internet access. If you know anyone who has tuned BMW's in the UK they could probably remote dial into my laptop and make changes to the existing map. OR I get one of the local tuner guys to down load software and talk with you if they have questions with how DTA maps for tuning work. I can't believe with all the BMW club race cars that there are so few people list in the U.S using the product.
If you're looking for a full tune, then I can send some details of people who will remote in.

Otherwise we can help get a local dealer up to speed, then he has a new string to his bow, your car is sorted and we have another US dealer to recommend. Win, win, win.
Email office@dtafast.co.uk and we can get you sorted.