90s system

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Getthegat
ECU Model: No ECU

90s system

Post by Getthegat »

Hi, I have aquired a complete system from the 90s, it came on a 4 cylinder aircooled 2.1engine that was supposed to be a runner. I've bench run the motor on carbs and it runs fine. I now want to put the twin throttle body injection kit onto a different aircooled engine, a 1914cc. Is there any way of knowing if all the components are working before fitting, and is there anyone in Essex that will be able to map it for me?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: 90s system

Post by Rob Stevens »

What connector does it have 2x round it long thin, if the latter soft were still avalable. Try Steve greenald at road and track or something simillar
Getthegat

Post by Getthegat »

I'll check. Where is Road and Track? Sorry I'm new to this, I deal with 60 and 70s vehicles usually, with carbs
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Can you be more specific than a 90's system ?

Presumably you are here because you believe it is a DTA ecu ? Any markings, model or serial numbers etc ?
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Track N Road Rainham
Getthegat

Post by Getthegat »

It has round plug in connections. Its really difficult to read what is written on it, but I think the model is 4/w/1/s or it could be 4/cu/1/5. Version v1something 3. F/ware v801. Serial number 1402. Everything is there, but no good if it cannot be turned. Twin throttle bodies are Jenvey. I guess I could always get a more up to date ECU and harness.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

To future proof things a little updating to something more modern probably makes sense.

Anything as old as that is likely going to need an old MS-DOS setup to run the software if someone still has the software.

And stuff like that is pretty ancient these days.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh, the old round connector will be the DOS version, I don't think DTA even have the software any more. An S40 would be far superior. however you say you have bench run the engine with this ecu? or did you add a dizzy
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote:To future proof things a little updating to something more modern probably makes sense.

Anything as old as that is likely going to need an old MS-DOS setup to run the software if someone still has the software.

I know what you mean, but my turbo bike has a Motec M8 that still runs good with MS-DOS . . . . . . . LOL's
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:To future proof things a little updating to something more modern probably makes sense.

I know what you mean, but my turbo bike has a Motec M8 that still runs good with MS-DOS . . . . . . . LOL's
And presumably you have a laptop and the software to make changes....?

This guy does not. I do not....do you know anyone who has ? lol

I don't even have a laptop to run MS-DOS ( although I believe DOS BOX could be used if it still exists....and then there is the serial port issue etc )

I did have an old disc of the DOS software that kicked about for years, but I can only guess I threw it out. Although I think there was a user here not too many years ago did have a copy if Alex doesnt ?