Frogeye Sprite engine setting for sensor position

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Frogeye
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: MED Engineering

Frogeye Sprite engine setting for sensor position

Post by Frogeye »

Hi,

just in the middle of installing a new ignition only S40 ECU into my race Frogeye Sprite, all good so far and not quite ready to try to start, still installing rebuilt engine but had a question, hoping someone can enlighten me!

I went forward with the procedure to set the sensor position manually on the falling tooth blah blah and rotate the engine to tdc and use the degrees moved as the starting point, I did this and got around 69 degrees. I then installed the starter and ran the oscilloscope and got the below/attached and it shows crank position at approx 168 or 347 and now I am confused!

the whole kit was purchased for the car from MED Engineering (actually pre-wired and set up for a mini, but same engine, 1275 A-Series BMC)

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Austin
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Frogeye Sprite engine setting for sensor position

Post by Rob Stevens »

Just ignore what the software says for now! The trace looks good. if you want to try and get the sensor position perfect before you start the engine, try this.
Set the firing tooth on start up to 0
Use a timing light to check the actual firing point

But TBH you may as well wait until it is running to check the crank sensor position, just don't forget that the timing light will read double or half (I forget which) because you are on wasted spark.

Best of luck
Frogeye
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: MED Engineering

Re: Frogeye Sprite engine setting for sensor position

Post by Frogeye »

Thank you! :) I will post results in a few days when I try to start