Wasted Spark & Twin-Spark

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Frederik
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Wasted Spark & Twin-Spark

Post by Frederik »

Hi again,

Having some issues with my DTA S60Pro on a 4-cyl application (twin-spark with dual 4-cyl-coilpacks runned in parallel), hope you are able to assist :-)
No sequential running yet
First coil-pack connected to port 10 (cyl 1 & 4) and port 18 (cyl 2 & 3).
Second coil-pack connected to port 1 (cyl 1 & 4) and port 26 (cyl 2 & 3).
I have not ticked "twin-spark" yet, I saw you suggested that now @Rob Stevens

Problem #1
My assumed "crank-sensor-postition" of 84 seem to be far off according to the lamp when I cranked the engine even though it should be 84 plus/minus some degrees. I´m using a standard Alfa 75 TS trigger-wheel and the corresponding standard position for the sensor.

Problem#2
I could not get the strobe to work on any other cylinder, unplugged the spark-plugs and found out that there were no sparks on the others.

Problem#3
When I run the test-sequence, first it only fired the 2 spark-plugs for cyl #1. Is that correct fort this test-diag-device ?
Now it has stoped working...
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Exactly what coils, and are they inductive or built in ignitors ? If set wrong, you can damage either coils or drivers.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I´m using std-coilpack from Alfa 75 TS -90. See pictures except for amplifiers
Attachments
IMG_5447.jpeg
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I have not used the amplifiers(ignitors ?)in the picture since Alex told me this is included in the S60-ECU
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As long as external amps box is unchecked, then that should be fine without those amplifiers.