Zetec DTA P8PRO: Help needed to configure the TURBO

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Zoggon
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Zetec DTA P8PRO: Help needed to configure the TURBO

Post by Zoggon »

Hi.
I would like to ask for advice on turbo configuration in the ecu and throttle body selection in my zetec turbo project.
I'm trying to run a zetec rs engine with small Garrett GT2554R roller bearing turbo on an old DTA P8PRO ecu.
Generally the engine is set up properly. The ignition map is identical to the factory ECU (I can share it if anyone interested). Injectors are running in full sequential mode. Injectors are factory (about 440ccm of efficiency if I remember) MAC valve is installed. Map-sensor is 2bar Weber APS-02/03 from Cosworth and manifold air pressure is used as load in configuration.
I am looking for something near the factory value of 200-220KM.
However, I have no knowledge or idea how to configure the turbo parameters or MAC valve parameters.
Have any of you used DTA ecu or could you share your knowledge on how to configure parameters and turbo map? I have no idea if the turbo should work in open or closed loop mode, how to configure PID factors or a PWM control table. I am adding a screenshot of how the configuration in DTA P8 PRO looks like.
The second issue is the throttle body. I used a stock blacktop inlet manifold and throttle body from Ford Cougar 2.0 zetec. I plugged the side air bypass in the throttle, leaving only a small hole. The throttle body has no idle speed control valve. The problem is that when the engine is running with even a slightly open throttle, the turbo spins up quite quickly, the AFR increases rapidly and the engine stops. I am not sure if I chose the right throttle body for this project and if this is all a problem with the unconfigured turbo.
I will be grateful for any help.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
turboDTA.jpg
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Zetec DTA P8PRO: Help needed to configure the TURBO

Post by Rob Stevens »

I'd be inclined to not run with turbo control initially, just use the waste gate spring but do set your turbo over boost cut of at something a little more sensible like 1.8 bar to start with.
Not sure what you are doing without seeing it but you do have your map sensor downstream of the throttle?
Zoggon
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Re: Zetec DTA P8PRO: Help needed to configure the TURBO

Post by Zoggon »

map sensor is connected just to the inlet manifold