Water Injection S80

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
corsaboy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Water Injection S80

Post by corsaboy »

Del,

That's a high CR for a charger engine..
I melted serveral pistons from my c20ne supercharged by an m62 from eaton.

what is your ait now?
Vauxhall Corsa C20XE Powered by Eaton M90
Dick Spanner
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by Dick Spanner »

Jon K wrote:I also run water injection but I am using an aquamist HFS-6 kit. Couldn't be happier. It piggybacks the injector duty cycle signal and pulses the valve for the water/methanol source. So, if you jet the valve right, you just pull some fuel out of your DTA map linearly - no progressive flow based on boost pressure. I have the HFS-6 hooked up so that if I turn the gauge off or it receives a fault, it map switches in DTA.

Hi Jon

Fantastic! I take it you mapped the car WITH WI then used the MAP2 switch (Pin 15 on the S80 sensor loom) to enable the second map which was mapped WITHOUT WI then connected the failsafe output from the aquamist to enable MAP2 if the system fails!

A look at your map settings may be usefull?

I'm looking at the HFS-3 system. I'm not sure how useful the dash guage would be. When sprinting you don't get any time to look at guages!!

Del
Dick Spanner

Post by Dick Spanner »

corsaboy wrote:Del,

That's a high CR for a charger engine..
I melted serveral pistons from my c20ne supercharged by an m62 from eaton.

what is your ait now?
Hi Marcel

Yes it sound high but I've been talking to a guy who has done a lot of K20 M62 conversions with success who reckons I dropped the CR to far and that 10:1 would be ok for the boost I'm running!

I'd like to get some WI up and running before making a final decision.

The IAT can be as high as 100 deg C on a two lap sprint. The IAT seems to follow the water temp, which is probably caused by conducted heat from head to the manifold then into the chargecooler block!

Del
corsaboy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 79

Post by corsaboy »

so i'm not the only one with a high inlet temp.
Mine in now about 90-100 degrees with WM injection.

Without + 130 :shock: :shock:
Vauxhall Corsa C20XE Powered by Eaton M90
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

**** Spanner wrote:
Jon K wrote:I also run water injection but I am using an aquamist HFS-6 kit. Couldn't be happier. It piggybacks the injector duty cycle signal and pulses the valve for the water/methanol source. So, if you jet the valve right, you just pull some fuel out of your DTA map linearly - no progressive flow based on boost pressure. I have the HFS-6 hooked up so that if I turn the gauge off or it receives a fault, it map switches in DTA.

Hi Jon

Fantastic! I take it you mapped the car WITH WI then used the MAP2 switch (Pin 15 on the S80 sensor loom) to enable the second map which was mapped WITHOUT WI then connected the failsafe output from the aquamist to enable MAP2 if the system fails!

A look at your map settings may be usefull?

I'm looking at the HFS-3 system. I'm not sure how useful the dash guage would be. When sprinting you don't get any time to look at guages!!

Del
Del - correct! Well, rather, I've road tuned and mapped the fuel table with the injection (MAP2 is my default map) and then copied the fuel values over and added X% up top for safety and lowered the boost controller and lowered the boost cut value. So, when the water injection system is off via the gauge (push button on the gauge itself) or it receives a fault (tank level low, etc) it will trigger the ECU to switch to map 1 automatically which switches ignition maps, fuel maps, and boost maps as well as over boost settings. I haven't spent much time yet tuning the out-of-methanol settings since I just make sure to have methanol present (so far). But, its something I am working on!

The HFS-3 is a good system I am not aware of the exact differences off the top of my head but the gauge is handy for its on/off feature so you can map select easily and believe it or not the flow gauge is useful especially on an application like yours with a roots/twin screw supercharger where you have boost low. My application triggers at 25% injector duty cycle which happens "late and infrequently" since my big turbo needs some deliberate right foot requesting... but on a roots setup or twin screw you will be in good use of duty cycle a lot, so you will be able to glance at the flow more often. Its not something you need to stare at - its just a reference every now and then. You can set your max and min flow as well (min flow for blockage, max flow for leakage!) and trigger a fault which will then switch the maps in DTA. I love the Aquamist stuff honestly. I've used Snow Performance and some others but Aquamist is the best.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Dick Spanner

Post by Dick Spanner »

Thanks Jon

I'd better get it ordered!

Great forum Jon. Well done for taking the time setting it up.

Del
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

No problem - Richard is a great guy to work with. Great support and great forum on his aquamist site. I use Jeff Howerton here in the US. Both are great resources.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW